Generations Behavioral Health an Equal Opportunity Employer is expanding and is seeking Registered Nurses for its 76 bed hospital in Youngstown.
Generations Behavioral Health – Youngstown is dedicated to providing services to adults and their families who are experiencing problems related to mental illness with the best trained and motivated professionals resulting in exceptional outcomes. Our commitment to compassion and integrity is an integral part of our plan of care.
*Incentive for Pennsylvania candidates, Generations can provide assistance in obtaining a Ohio License*
· Graduate of accredited school of nursing
· Current BLS
· Experience in psychiatric nursing, preferred
· Establishes a compassionate environment by providing physical, emotional, and spiritual support to patients and families.
· Assesses and identifies patient care requirements by utilizing evidence-based assessment and screening tools.
· Collaborates with other disciplines to develop a treatment plan that reflects patient assessments, goals of patient and family, and functionality.
· Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills, as appropriate.
· Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing department philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, The Joint Commission, Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, and other governing agency regulations.
· Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
· Maintains safe and clean environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, with assistance from unlicensed support personnel.
· Provides effective crisis intervention through clinical leadership, teamwork, and respect for patient to ensure that best outcome.
· Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
· Knowledge of psychopathology and general knowledge of medical care of patients.
· Understanding of resiliency and recovery in mental illness and substance abuse, and treatment approaches and techniques.
· Interest in working with patients with psychiatric diagnoses.
· Ability to work under stress with patients who may require constant observation.
· Flexibility in work schedule.
GBH is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at GBH via-email or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of GBH. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by GBH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary