Generations Behavioral Health an Equal Opportunity Employer is expanding and is seeking Intake and Admissions Clinician for its 76 bed hospital in Youngstown.
Generations Behavioral Health – Youngstown is dedicated to providing services to adults and their families who are experiencing problems related to mental illness with the best trained and motivated professionals resulting in exceptional outcomes. Our commitment to compassion and integrity is an integral part of our plan of care.
Current, valid, and active Registered Nurse /LPN license or LSW license in the state of Ohio
Minimum one (1) year required.
Current BLS certification required
Key Responsibilities / Job Accountabilities:
- Verification of insurance carriers to confirm coverage, verify benefits and obtain authorization / pre-certification to ensure reimbursement.
- Verifies Medicare/Medicaid benefits.
- Completes pre-admission, registrations, and clinical evaluation form to assist in evaluating appropriateness of admission per policy.
- Keeps supervisor informed of progress/problems
- Coordinate admissions and notifies nursing staff
- Communicates decisions concerning admissions to referral sources, families both verbal and written.
- Collects and distributes admission information to all clinical services and Business Office Manager.
- Critical thinking skills, attention to detail
- Primary contact for referrals and physicians
- Prepares report daily, weekly and monthly on all admissions, conversions, denials and send to leadership team.
- Possess ability to deal tactfully and courteous in any situation communicating well, verbally and in writing.
- Foster a professional working relationship and communicates professionally with all medical staff, interdisciplinary team, leadership, insurance companies, hospitals, and with all external professional groups and agencies.
Additional Skills / Qualifications:
- Possess strong analytical and technical skills to review, prepare, and interpret medical reports and related material and make logical recommendations.
- Proficient computer skills, word, excel, outlook
- Ability to multi task, critically think, and attention to detail.
- Customer and patient focused
- Manages difficult customer situations; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Full Time
- Part Time