It is strongly recommended and encouraged to visit https://www.careers.generationtag.com for more information about our company, mission and vision, core values, and why join our amazing team!
GenerationTAG is actively seeking individuals looking for work in the Information Technology/Electronics field. We have an immediate need for additional dedicated and focused entry-level through highly experienced professionals to perform field service work to fulfill numerous client awarded assignments throughout the year. Most assignments performed are general entry-level repair or replace type services but can vary to a broad range of assignment types, based on varied skill sets, requested tools, and scope of work required by client.
- SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE MUST BE COMPLETED 100% IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR THE POSITION, AND IF SELECTED, BE INVITED TO START THE INTERVIEW PROCESS.
- APPLICATION IS IMMEDIATELY DISCARDED IF ANY SCREENING QUESTIONS ARE LEFT UNANSWERED, OR IF THE QUESTIONNAIRE IS ABANDONED BEFORE COMPLETING.
NOTE: We encourage everyone to apply who has interest in performing the following services, even if you may not have any current field experience or are presently comfortable with performing them.
The following is a partial list of services which may be performed by a Field Service Technician:
- Part/component replacement, setup/installation, and general equipment troubleshooting.
- Consumer and business class computers - diagnosing/repairing, software/hardware installs, configuration/testing, data backup/migrations, maintenance/support, and consulting/training.
- POS (Point-of-Sale) – Repair, troubleshoot, install and de-install a variety of brands and systems.
- Printers - Repairing numerous major brand printers/copiers, routine maintenance, and installations.
- Appliance Handyman – Repair, replace, troubleshoot, setup or install various makes and models of televisions, audio/video equipment, washers/dryers, and assorted general household kitchen appliances.
- Security/CCTV systems – Installations, monitors, DVRs, cameras, alarms, and low-voltage wiring.
- Networking/Telephony – Requires a higher skill level to include; building/running patch cables, troubleshooting, routers/firewalls/switches, phone systems/VOIP, and POTS/DMARC extensions.
- Complete site conversions and refreshes, in addition to short and long-term projects/assignments.
- Site surveys, insurance damage assessments, and general courier pick-up and drop-off services.
- Basic Mac/Apple/iOS experience – Certifications are strongly preferred, but not required.
All professionals in the Information Technology/Electronics industry who possess related expertise in these specialized areas are encouraged to apply for this position, however, experience in these fields are not required. Should you feel that you are a good fit and want to join our team, we highly encourage you to immediately apply.Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age or older. Exceptions may be made, on a case by case basis, for anyone 21 or under.
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand the English language fluently. Bilingual is generally preferred.
- Must be able to work independently with little to no intervention required by company staff or management.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance, or 75 pounds as a team lift with one or more people.
- Must be able to successfully pass a seven to ten-year background history check, a three to ten-year motor vehicle records check, and take an extensive 10-panel drug screening, all in accordance with your state’s applicable laws, which may be administered randomly several times by our clients throughout the fiscal year.
- Must have your own personal work vehicle. SUV, van, or minivan is strongly recommended, but not required.
- Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance and registration. (Certain insurance coverage limits apply).
- Must own a smart phone with applicable calling/data plan. Owning an 8” or larger tablet as well is preferred.
- Must own a laptop with hard-wired Ethernet capability, and have a Microsoft OS (Windows 7 SP1 or greater).
- Owning general IT related tools or equipment is strongly recommended to be awarded additional assignments.
- Having your own commercial liability insurance policies are strongly recommended, but not required. Compensation is based on the contractor having the correct insurance policies and coverage limits required by our clients. Covering the contractor under our company insurance policies can be provided for an added fee.
Territory Street Address:
The street address provided in this job posting is that of a rented storage facility located within the assigned territory used in conjunction with performing awarded assignments. This is not a company owned or operated business location. Additional storage facilities may be used to expedite the completion of client assignments.
Contracted Job Compensation:
~$26,000 (1) to ~$40,000 (2) annually, plus up to $3,000 or more in commission and client-based opportunities. (3)
- Full-Time contracted positions may be available. Contracted job compensation will vary based upon many factors. Please refer to that positions posting for more details.
Contracted Job Compensation Specifications:
Compensation is on a per assignment, sliding scale basis. All compensation amounts are completely dynamic and are based on the assumption that the contractor will be awarded and successfully complete a minimum of 20 assignments per week over the span of a typical 5-day period. Awarded assignments can range from 10 minutes to 1 hour, with time spent over 1 hour compensated in 10-minute increments. Consequently, should a contractor be awarded 20 or more assignments per week, based on their declared availability, their compensation will be higher.
Compensation per assignment includes all time, including travel time, and assignment-related expenses (fuel, tolls, parking, etc.,) and is based on the contractor providing their own commercial insurance policies, and is further based on the contractor remaining in full compliance in process and submission of required paperwork, shipping off parts and equipment, and delivery of parts and equipment to one of our designated storage facilities or client assigned storage facilities.
There may be commission-based opportunities should the contractor wish to participate in our product sales program, as well as some client-based opportunities to generate additional compensation per awarded assignment.
- Estimated annual income is calculated based upon the “Contracted Job Compensation Specifications” section referenced in this Field Service Technician job posting.
- Estimated annual income of $40,000 is calculated based upon the contractor being awarded and successfully completing a minimum of 30 assignments per week instead of the 20 referenced in the “Contracted Job Compensation Specifications” section due to typical contractor’s availability.
- Commission and client-based opportunities may not available in all territories or awarded assignments. Estimated income revenue opportunity based on a best-case scenario.