Quality Assurance Analyst
Generation Esports Kansas City, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
If youre passionate about esports and video games, youre going to wish you had us back in high school. Were the largest competitive gaming organization serving high schools and educational institutions in North America focused on making esports available to every student as a legitimate sport in schools throughout the U.S. We achieve this by making it easy for faculty to offer students the chance to engage in healthy esports competition, surrounded by peers while supervised by teachers. Through organized esports competitions, students are learning to align their commitment to gaming with their success in academics and potential future careers.
Were on the verge of transforming youth athletics for generations to come. Generation Esports is a technology company at its core, building a platform to service youth competitive esports from young kids to college students. Were looking for a QA Associate to take our platform to the next level. Our product roadmap is full of features that can enhance the future of todays youth through esports and we want a passionate QA Associate to help us bring it to life!
This role will give you the opportunity to work closely with the Lead QA Associate, Product Owner, and Development Team. You will primarily perform manual testing to help ensure that our product meets the highest quality standards.
- Encourage a healthy work environment thats both supportive and challenging.
- Perform end-to-end testing to ensure the whole system works properly.
- Work closely with the Lead QA Associate to ensure that testing standards are being met and to provide insight and feedback.
- Perform manual testing for features and bug fixes.
- Perform regression/smoke testing.
- Perform production check-out, including smoke/regression testing after production deployment.
- Work with the engineering and DevOps teams to ensure that all environments can support the appropriate level of testing.
- Test use cases across web and mobile platforms.
- Participate in grooming to ensure that stories and features are well defined and meet the definition of ready.
- Participate in all Scrum ceremonies to provide a QA focus to the Scrum team(s).
- Write test cases and test plans to ensure adequate coverage.
- Coordinate and facilitate test prep activities between product and engineering.
- Monitor system stability and participate in issue triage when production issues occur.
- Identify opportunities for automation as features and test plans stabilize and mature.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of the esports industry, as an enthusiast, gamer, or professional
- Like to play video games :)
- College degree
- QA Certification
- Scrum Certification
- Familiar with SQL
- Market rate salary
- Healthcare & Dental & Vision
- Stock Options
- Snacks & drinks at the office
- Casual work environment
- Play your favorite PC/console games at the office
AddressKansas City, MO
TechnologyView all jobs at Generation Esports