Infrastructure & Middleware Software Specialist
General Motors LLC Warren, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively.
- This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
We are targeting a start date on or after January 10th, 2022 for this position .
An Infrastructure and Middleware Software Specialist will deliver innovative designs and software service integrations to support development activities. The team is developing an innovative complex multi-tiered end-to-end ecosystem requiring highly available infrastructure and middleware solutions. The role is to design, implement, and manage compute, storage, and middleware solutions to support the development of new back-office solutions.
The Infrastructure and Middleware Software Specialist provides leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solutions that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to improve our application portfolio while maintaining their continuous availability via automation efforts in a CI/CD framework across servers and storage solutions. Applicants should have strong problem solving, analysis, technical skills in many of the following:
- Linux operating system
- Bash scripting
- YML scripting
- Agile framework
- K8 environment
- Database concepts (Postgres, SQL, Oracle, or similar)
- Working knowledge of middleware (i.e., Pulsar, ELK, ...)
- Working knowledge of physical infrastructure across servers and storage architectures
- Implement and support NAS solutions
- Software and infrastructure performance management
- Compute availability and scalability concepts
- Change, release, incident management concepts
- Corporate standards adherence and validation
- Manage middleware upgrades
- Create and update architecture diagrams as needed for new infrastructure
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- Detailed software and system design experience
- Applied systems architecture
- Experience working within Linux and basic administration
- Familiarity with open-source development platforms and practices
- Minimum 7 years professional IT experience
- Operating system scripting capabilities
- Infrastructure design / management experience
- Storage design experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
General Motors LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at General Motors LLC