For more than 70 years our company has continued to grow and thrive – constantly pushing the boundaries through innovation and award-winning performance while remaining true to our founding principle that the customer always comes first.
Not only do we value our relationships with our clients but with our internal staff as well. We have cultivated a team of hardworking professionals who have helped us become what we are today. Due to rapid growth we are looking to expand our family and are immediately seeking a Project Assistant.
Our Commercial Construction firm is one of the largest, most diversified builders in the United States. We are nationally recognized for our exceptional safety records, diversity-inclusion program and our innovative construction solutions.
Project Assistant Responsibilities:
- Read plans/blueprints for large commercial remodeling projects
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
- Prepare formal quantitative quote for customer
- Create drawings to outline installation
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services
- Assess margins and provide multiple pricing options based on known and estimated cost criteria
- Communicate with sales team, clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends, including recommendation of price adjustments
Project Assistant Qualifications:
- 2-years of relevant experience required
- Ability to read and analyze construction plans/blueprints
- Strong math skills required
- Construction industry background PREFERRED
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines