Medical Supply (DME) Administrative Assistant & Receptionist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As one of the fastest growing Independent Medical Supply Companies in Southern California, General Home Medical Supply, Inc., offers a fast-paced, exciting, work environment. We promote teamwork, encourage learning, and boost advancement for all of our employees. We want to see you excel, because we believe that your success is our success.
We currently have an opening for a Customer Service/Administrative Assistant.
Under general supervision, respond to telephone inquiries from patients, Health Plans, start prior authorization and pre-certs, contact physicians’ offices regarding patient order outcomes. Resolve issues with referrals and eligibility. Shipping of daily orders, some inventory and maintenance of stock room. Receiving and stocking items in warehouse.
1. Receives incoming calls involving multiple issues from patients, Physician offices, Insurance Companies.
2. Maintains or exceeds quality and productivity standards.
3. Researches and resolves routine or complex issues relating to services provided by GHMS. This can include eligibility, referral status, prior authorizations and referrals.
4. Process patient address and phone number changes.
5. Facilitates the processing of telephone appeals, inquiries or complaints, statement of concerns involving a patient’s by accurately and timely collection of information.
6. Ability to work independently in the resolution of complaints and other service related issues.
7. Handles designated assignments and prioritize work in order to maintain workflow.
8. Display professionalism, good judgment, maturity, and fairness when interacting with others.
9. Performs copy and fax functions as needed.
10. Maintains accurate and good grammatical communication, both verbal and written, with all levels of management, staff, members and providers.
11. Follow HIPAA guidelines and maintains confidentiality with all information pertaining to the patients’ medical information and privacy.
12. Displays warm and pleasant phone personality, emphasizing tact, empathy, and patience.
13. Back-up front desk as needed.
14. Assist Provider Relations Representative as needed/Network Manager.
15. Ship daily orders.
General Home Medical SupplyWhy Work Here?
Stable and Essential company; Employees in this company have an average tenure of 12 years; Lots of room to grow. Great Benefits too.
717 LAKEFIELD ROAD STE DWestlake Village, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at General Home Medical Supply