Key Account Manager
- Expired: September 28, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Key Account Manager
Reports To: Regional Sales Manager
With over 100,000 SKUs, General Fasteners Company (GFC) is a full-service distributor for a wide range of Fastener and Assembly Components in over 40 product categories. We excel at providing great products, superior client service, customized Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) programs, product testing, and engineering solutions for our valued clients. More than half of the items we supply are specifically engineered for our clients' unique applications, and many are non-fastener items such as stampings, molded plastics and composites, mechanical assemblies, kits of various configurations, fittings, private labeled products, and many more. We work with over 800 suppliers from around the globe to offer clients a one-stop shop for all of their Assembly component needs.
We are currently seeking a motivated professional to join our sales team as a Key Account Manager in the Charlotte, NC area. Key Account Managers are responsible for growing sales, margin improvement, and coordinating support & service for key clients of GFC. This position plays a pivotal role in facilitating company growth. Coordination with colleagues & utilization of resources from the Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Accounting, Operations and Client Service teams to fulfill client needs is critical to the success of account management.
If your experience aligns with the description below and you're eager to make an impact right away, then click Apply now! Placement is expected to occur in October.
- Maintain positive relationships with internal & external stakeholders and grow revenue with assigned existing accounts
- Facilitate resolution of commercial issues involving price negotiations, obsolescence, receivable/accounting issues, and various other business topics
- Differentiate our offerings through the Value-Added Selling process
- Negotiate contractual agreements with direction of management
- Assist in the completion of client specific and contractual goals
- Targeted increase of wallet share from existing clients
- Continuous margin improvement of current business
- Report sales calls, itineraries and expenses in a timely manner
- Ascertain and report on competitive information within the industry and account base
- Build relationships with clients' engineering, quality and technical groups to garner support on product and technical issues
- Qualify and engage potential new client accounts
THE MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATES POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience in the Fastener, Distribution, or Manufacturing industries
- Experience selling Fasteners or other commodities to manufacturers via Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) programs
- Experience using Epicor Prophet 21 software
- Demonstrated experience growing business with existing clients
- Demonstrated experience closing business with new accounts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE POSITION:
- Ambitious, competitive, and results-driven outlook to successfully achieve objectives and exceed goals
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, listening, and interpersonal are required to identify opportunities and convey our value proposition in a clear & concise manner
- Strong negotiating skills with a keen focus on closing the best possible deal that achieves short term and long term goals
- Flexible in approach in order to provide clients with a tailored experience and readily adapt to change in business & client needs
- Creative problem solving and solutions oriented perspective to keep the needs of the client front and center
- Capable of managing multiple programs simultaneously while remaining calm & professional under pressure
- Ability to compile & analyze client data to measure, forecast, and improve client performance
- Proficient use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Experience with ERP or similar resource management software
- College degree or equivalent professional experience
- Must have 5+ years of direct sales experience
- Valid driver's license and insurability for work purposes
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibility
- Travel is expected for this position
- Business related travel expenses will be reimbursed monthly
WHY JOIN GENERAL FASTENERS?
- Stable, privately owned company with more than 65 years as a full-service distributor of Fasteners and Assembly Components
- Great opportunity to increase wallet share with current clients
- Competitive compensation, including fixed & variable components
- Generous benefit package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Company match, Life, Disability, FSA, EAP, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Employee Discount, Tuition Reimbursement, Referral Program, and more!
- Visit our website to learn more about GFC! www.genfast.com
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the Company.
General Fasteners Company is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
General Fasteners Company
BusinessView all jobs at General Fasteners Company