Mechanical Assembler ($16.92 - 23.69 DOE)
- Posted: over a month ago
Looking for a great work life balance with a Monday - Thursday work schedule that doesn’t include weekends?
Excited by the possibility of working for a small privately-owned business that invests in your future with a focus on professional development and growing their next generation of leaders?
Want a 3 day weekend every week?
Then come work for us.
We're General Equipment Company and we make the most respected line of portable and mobile hole digging equipment available to the construction marketplace; the most complete line of confined space and positive pressure type ventilation products; and the most innovative and productive line of surface preparation equipment.
Our product can take a beating like no other. Before our customers get to enjoy getting dirty and working up a sweat, we field test our products extensively with people just like you. This is why we can proudly say for the products we make, “We are the leader in light, extreme duty construction equipment… Engineered to perfection, absolutely no one does it better.” And we can prove it. That’s how General Equipment Company has been building value for over 60 years. And equipment that rocks!
No bull, no fancy suits, straightforward, honest, tenacious in approach, innovative and we make the best product on the planet. We live by example and stand behind what we say and do.
We're currently looking for a Mechanical Assembler to study work orders, drawings, and engineering plans to produce sub-assemblies and completed assemblies.
Responsible for the assembly or fabrication of a variety complex mechanical parts, components, products, or related repair activities using a variety of tools and equipment according ensuring conformity of products to company expectations.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Read, understand and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions and other instructions, either written or verbal, to complete assembly of a variety of products or components per established expectations and quality standards.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools following appropriate methods and procedures to complete mechanical assembly of components or products and prepare products and related materials for shipment in compliance to established safety regulations.
- Manage inventory following established guidelines and procedures including labeling and locating parts, picking parts from appropriate locations in specified quantities to meet production requirements, delivering parts to work areas and recording and communicating accurate inventory levels.
- Inspect and test parts and products as necessary, during or after assembly, according to company standards and established procedures.
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
- Complete data entry into computer application during various points in the assembly process.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintains all equipment according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
- Practice problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of a team responsible for realizing continuous improvement to products and processes.
- Cross train to other departments as needed.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process, basic quality control expectations, associated costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of the products produced.
- Ability to learn and practice continuous improvement techniques such as 5S, one piece flow, value stream mapping, set-up reduction and more.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently and diplomatically orally and in writing in the English language; also to maintain excellent interpersonal and cooperative relationships with management and staff.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and accurately follow through on work activities with time constraints and interruptions to meet deadlines as well as to work independently with a minimum amount of direction and/or supervision.
- Ability to remain flexible, resilient, calm, maintain a sense of humor and to regularly present a well-groomed, professional image.
- Ability to work effectively and respectively with staff, managers, executives and others with a variety of working styles to achieve accountability and results and maintain service excellence.
- Ability to meet the physical and mental requirements of the essential job functions.
- Regular, consistent, punctual attendance is an essential function of this position.
ManufacturingView all jobs at General Equipment