GE is looking for a Sr Quality Assurance Engineer (Software Engineer in Test) to work on our Picture Archival and Communication System (PACS) products that are used by caregivers to deliver patient care. Our engineers innovate to improve the quality of patient care around the world while also reducing healthcare costs and increasing access. At GE it's not just a job, it's about how we improve lives in the moments that matter. How do you envision improving lives as part of your future?
You will be responsible for the design and development of automated and manual tests for our medical imaging products, ensuring that they meet the stringent internal and external quality goals of GE, our customers, and their clients. As you grow in this position you will receive an increasing level of responsibility and help us drive our quality strategy throughout the organization.
In this role you will:
- Work as an integral part of our Agile development team, leveraging Scrum, BDD, and TDD
- Design test strategies for our PACS products, including functional, conformance, performance, and reliability tests
- Augment manual tests with scripted components that eliminate repetitive or complex tasks
- Work with scrum team and QSE members to develop a robust test automation framework
- Integrate automation components and tests with CI/CD
- Build complex development and test environments in a shared VMware lab
- Develop and maintain our test suite to verify new features and essential requirements
- Apply test methodologies throughout the development cycle to identify defects early in the sprints
- Collaborate with Scrum team members to execute tests and troubleshoot / correct software problems
- Drive continuous improvement within the team to better meet quality and productivity goals
- Define quality metrics, best practices, and coding patterns for the team
- Demonstrate increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas
- Break down problems and estimate effort for quality related tasks
- Work with customers to resolve issues in our installed base
- Contribute to documentation initiatives that drive toward best in class installation, operation, and serviceability manuals Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- 5+ years of experience in product testing in conjunction with scripted automation, or applicable education experience
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Must be willing to work out of our office located at 500 West Monroe Street in Chicago, Illinois
- Must be willing to travel <10%
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required - we will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job Desired Characteristics: Technical Expertise:
- Development experience using scripting languages like Bash, Python, Perl or Ruby.
- Skilled with relational databases such as SQL or Sybase with experience using command line tools like iSQL.
- Solid understanding of database replication fundamentals.
- Capable of working with existing code bases, identifying areas of improvement, and using industry best practices to refactor.
- Strong experience designing, deploying, configuring, and maintaining VMware vSphere and associated products (ESXi, vCenter)
- Knowledge of networking concepts and their interactions with virtual switches/hosts. Background with load balancers including F5 and A10.
- Exposure to software build and continuous deployment/delivery systems and tools such as: Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, Puppet, Nexus Repository, Artifactory or equivalent.
- Experience with defect management and configuration management tools such as HP Quality Center/ALM, ClearQuest, Perforce, and/or ClearCase
- Experience using Agile tools such as Rally or JIRA
- Knowledge of Healthcare IT technologies like DICOM and HL7. Personal Attributes:
- Demonstrates accountability and delivers results with minimal supervision
- Knows when to seek help when necessary, and how to help team members
- Voices opinions and presents clear rationale, using data or factual evidence to influence
- Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
- Excels at problem solving and self-directed learning
- Identifies opportunities for innovation, offers new ideas, and takes initiative to experiment
- Adapts to new environments and changing requirements - pivots quickly as needed
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law. Locations: United States; Illinois; ChicagoGE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.