Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Senior Marketing Manager is part of the Oilfield Equipment (OFE) Marketing team and provides Marketing support to the Global Sales & Commercial team. As a member of the OFE marketing team she/he will be a key advisor to the Head of Global Sales & Commercial for OFE & will report to and be a key advisor to the OFE Global Marketing Director (CMO).
We are open to flexible working (e.g., a day a week remotely).
- Develop and maintain customer intelligence including long-term plans/priorities/strategy; Liaise with Key Account teams, Early Engagement team & regional sale teams
- Coordinate compilation of customer case studies (where Key Accounts and Regions will be responsible for actually drafting the case studies)
- Maintain library of customer lists to be used in external surveys (NPS etc.)
- Manage OFE distribution lists
- Lead and deliver timely and accurate market analysis and insights (market, competition & customer intelligence, and analysis) - with a clear focus on the medium to long-term trends, looking beyond the immediate opportunities/tenders
- Assess customer strategy and performance and develop insights about their priorities and future plans; evaluate implications for OFE & BHGE and make recommendations; synthesise inputs related to market intelligence from regions/functions/product lines
- Participate in priority deal reviews and contribute as required
- Deliver elements of strategic planning processes (e.g. annual strategic plan / GPB - Growth Play Book, portfolio analysis, capital allocation etc.)
- Lead/participate in strategic projects - e.g., evaluation of potential new markets/products, realignment of businesses, market assessment of potential acquisitions
- Work with Sales & Commercial team to assist in the development of new products/solutions & enhancements to existing product/solutions in alignment with market needs
- Collaborate with colleagues in other functions, regions and OFE businesses to translate insights and strategic plans to practical business actions
- Draft the key messages (including but, not limited to value propositions) in collaboration with other functions and provide the content for Marketing material (product catalogues, brochures etc.)
- Disseminate knowledge internally through presentations, webchats, written communications
- Demonstrate thought leadership and represent BHGE externally e.g., publishing papers or speaking at appropriate conferences and seminars, in meetings with regulators and potential partners
- Manage or contribute to relevant internal databases (installed base etc.)
- Other activities that fall within the remit of the OFE Marketing team.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of Oil & Gas industry (operator or equipment/service company), strategy consulting and industrial marketing/strategy
- Strong upstream oil and gas industry knowledge and relevant experience, preferably in the subsea segment
- Excellent analytics and problem-solving, including ability to form hypotheses and move forward in the absence of complete information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize complex topics into clear, simple, and crisp messages
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Interpersonal skills to work well with colleagues across all businesses/cultures, achieve objectives through effective influencing, and establish credibility with senior leaders
- Ability to learn relevant tools (e.g., Salesforce.com and third-party market research databases) quickly
- Degree in engineering
- MBA or advanced degree in science/engineering
- Experience in upstream oil & gas sales/commercial
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.