Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Fabricates metal parts by operating CNC machinery including lathes and 3 axis HMC mechanical equipment. Uses blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Be able to sketch out blueprints and interpretations to ensure proper fit and finish to parts
- Be skilled at identifying, measure and correct appropriate surface finishes
- Use appropriate tools to deburr, sketch parts and setup program
- Be able to set basic off-sets, efficient at probes for off-set and ability to write simple probing routines
- Operate lathe and 3 & 5-axis milling machines
- Construct complex machine "G" codes and identify crash moves
- Construct touch off points, set tool lengths and use pre-setter
- Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment and process related problems
- Be able to rework damaged parts work under general supervision
- Identify, adhere and train others on all HSE policies and practices without prompting
- Ability to perform all functions of the position semi-independently with very little Supervisory oversight
- Expert in the practice of using precision measurement tools and identifying the appropriate tools needed including the setup gauge maker.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited school or institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in CNC machining and/or a Machining Certificate from accredited Vo Tech school
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
- Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
- Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
- Handle heavy parts and moving parts
- Stand for long periods of time, as required
- Work inside and outside, as required
- Master Machinist or tool and die experience
- Fanuc and Siemens controls a plus
- Minimum 3 axis experience desired
- Machining Certificate from accredited Vo Tech school
- Programming experience
- Knowledge of tool and die
- Supervisory or Lead experience
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent record of attendance with little or no history of infractions
- Adept verbal and written communication skills
- History of compliance to company policies and procedures
- Experience and practice in submitting Concern Cards for Safety concerns
- Basic knowledge of and practice of 5S
- Knowledge of Lean Methods and practice and be expected to lead and drive a Lean Project
- Proficient of the tools and procedures needed for change management
- Expert knowledge of machining terminology
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; SHAWNEE
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.