The Branch Quality Control Specialist performs a variety of verification duties in support of all products ensuring compliance and completeness in documents and changes to accounts. The BQCS provides excellent member services to all internal and external members. The BQCS is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with branches and internal departments. The BQCS will also be responsible for reviewing reports and assisting other employees within the branch’s as necessary to ensure all work is completed in a regulatory manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures; and a general knowledge of the operations of all departments.
- Review new business and commercial loan accounts is within 72 hour to determine accuracy and compliance. In addition, they are to be reviewed to determine that they have been opened in a regulatory manner and have followed GECU policy.
- Review New Trust and Estate accounts, to determine that they have been opened in regulatory manner and have followed GECU procedures.
- Review New Commercial Loans for Collateral to ensure accuracy and Lien placement.
- Work with Branch Administrator and Managers to implement improvements on new account reviews.
- Create tracking spreadsheet, to evaluate branch procedures. Assist at reviewing procedures with the Branch Administrator, Branch Administrator Assistant, and Deposit Operations.
- Demonstrates professionalism, with an optimistic and team-oriented approach to work with high integrity.
- Demonstrates positive attitude and behavior in support of organizational goals and management.
- Maintains a professional business image and utilizes effective communications skills with representing General Electric Credit Union.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written
- Excellent problem resolution, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Ability to meet the needs of internal and external members by delivering high quality service.
- Rapidly adapts to changing information, conditions and /or unexpected obstacles
- Ability to implement highest levels of quality control
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must understand and comply with all required federal and state regulations associated with this position.
- Must be able to speak and understand fluent English.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience working in member facing role developing expertise in branch operating procedures. Working knowledge of Credit Union (NCUA, State of Ohio, Etc.) laws and regulations. Must be a self- starter with the ability to prioritize to achieve efficiency.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally, or informally, either verbally or in writing. The position description above is intended to describe the general content of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, duties and responsibilities
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.