Responsible for shipping and receiving duties in a fast paced research and development environment. Maintains an accurate inventory of all material within the stores department. Works with hazardous chemicals and explosives in a safe and detailed manner.
- Counts and/or weighs incoming parts to verify receipt.
- Packages and handles all material within guidelines set by company procedures and manuals.
- Performs cycle counts and contract inventories.
- Performs, assembles, organizes, maintains and/or routes necessary documentation.
- Stocks, stores, and issues parts to meet MRP and internal and external customers' needs.
- Perform pickup and delivery of parts and materials within assigned area. May include transporting of hazardous materials.
- Safely operates forklift truck as required.
- Processes debit/credit and material withdrawal forms.
- Enters, prints, and evaluates all related data from computer terminal or printer.
- Tracks and inventories customer owned stores and/or controlled property.
- Perform stock sweeps, de-kids, and restocks as necessary.
- Processes parts, materials, and supplies into system as they are received from receiving and receiving inspection.
- Interpret operations sheets (OP sheets), fabrication and assemblies, and program pick lists.
- Prepares (cut) raw materials to length for use in the manufacturing process, in accordance with manufacturing OP sheets. Requires training in use of cutting machinery. Accepts training and guidance from other Material Handler team members.
- Maintains a well-organized, neat and safe work area. Immediately terminates any unsafe activities and advises the production Lead/Supervisor of the same.
- Wears and cares for personal protective equipment (PPE) required to perform assigned tasks.
- Follows verbal and written work directions as assigned by Supervisor and/or Lead personnel.
- Reports to work on time and reliably in accordance with assigned schedule.
- Demonstrates and promotes teamwork and cooperation with team members at all levels in the organization to solve problems and improve processes
- Works extended hours on week days and weekends and works all shifts (day, night, or weekend) when work load and/or operating requirements dictate
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively in a team and across all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter, flexible, and comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment, with minimal direction.
- Ability to be accurate, with attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written).
- Capable of following verbal and written work directions in the English language.
- Basic computer literacy with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Able to lift 25 lbs. repetitively.
- Must be dependable, well-organized, and a team-player.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Must have a valid Washington State driver's license with the ability to obtain at least a Class C CDL with Hazmat endorsement and safely operate vehicles up to 26,000 GVW. Requires a driving record that is acceptable to meet the requirements of current DOT regulations. Will be required to supply GD with Washington State Driver's Abstract
Requisition ID: 2019-7795
Street: 11714 Northcreek Pkwy N