Bachelor’s degree in Reliability, Electrical, Mechanical or Materials Engineering, or in a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Keeping people safe worldwide is what we do. Developing mission-critical systems is how we do it. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind. We are ready to hire an ILS Lead (with focus on Reliability Engineering) for the Total Ship Monitoring System (TSMS) delivered to the United States Navy (USN) Submarine fleet. Our close-knit team is passionate about delivering the best product to the Navy to help protect our country. Our team works closely with the Submarine community to develop solutions that allow the Navy to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
- ILS Lead over a small team responsible for the overall ILS effort for the program
- Work with Engineers on the program to provide Reliability and Maintainability findings and recommendations
- Support testing by developing plans and procedures for Reliability Maintainability Availability (RMA) demonstration tests to acquire actual MTBF for the system
- Lead the development of Reliability Program Plans
- Assist with Design Reviews to address Reliability
- Use MS Excel formulas to calculate Reliability and Maintainability mathematical models and predictions
- Coordinate with the ARCI Release Train on technical and schedule inputs
- Perform Supportability Analysis
- Perform Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Perform Level of Repair Analysis (LORA)
- Work frequently with external customers and vendors
- Support proposals as needed and increased ILS scope of work on the program
- Local travel to Manassas VA
Work onsite with the TSMS team at Lockheed Martin Integration facility in Manassas Virginia coordinating with the ARCI/SWFTS community
- Bachelor’s degree in Reliability Engineering or related technical field (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- DOD Secret Security clearance required
- Fully proficient in the principles and techniques of Reliability Engineering
- Strong experience with DOD RMA, RCM, and ILS support
- Strong experience with calculating statistics for Reliability formulas using MS Excel formulas (MTTR, MTBF, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and lead a small ILS team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with submarine systems and hardware
- Strong ability to communicate issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran