Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret w/SCI eligibility
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI
As a senior-level Systems Administrator, you will be serving on a team that supports USCYBERCOM internal command IT systems, to include one-of-a-kind cyberspace operations systems. We're looking for someone who is a solid Windows and Linux systems administrator. Daily duties include:
- Managing the daily activities of configuration and operation of systems and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Performs system capacity analysis and planning, maintains servers, creates monitoring reports and logs, and ensures functionality of system links
- Performs configuration management and documentation of network and system topologies
- Prepares technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines, and critical paths required for complete solutions
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the organization's hardware, software, and network components in addition to knowledge of programming languages and operating systems, current equipment and technologies in use, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools
- Plans, organizes, and documents complex system design activities and configure systems to be consistent with the USCYBERCOM policies and procedures
- A problem solver who, can get in, be given a project, and use an engineering implementation plan and make it work from cradle to grave
- Has or is willing to gain some more diverse IT skills, including Linux, networking (CCNA would be awesome), and more
- Able to build systems from the ground up
- Solutions architecting experience
- Minimum ten (10) years of system administrator experience
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAT Level I Certification
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
Location: Fort Meade
No Shift work
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA MD Fort Meade
Additional Work Locations:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Join our 35,000 everyday heroes.
We connect people with the most impactful client missions, creating an unparalleled work experience that allows them to see their impact every day. We create opportunities for our people to lead and learn simultaneously. From securing our nation's most sensitive systems, to enabling digital transformation and cloud adoption, our people are the ones who make change real.