Network Engineer Advisor- Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC), Government Clearance Required
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
IT Troubleshooting, Network Monitoring, Networks
5 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
Are you highly organized and able to support multiple priority efforts at the same time? Do you thrive in fast-paced programs? Can you prioritize tasks to allow your executive leadership team to focus on what's hot? Will the risk of not delivering top-quality products on-time keep you up at night? Then GDIT is looking for you to fill an essential Senior Network Engineer role supporting our cybersecurity program.
Program Description: This program supports a new initiative at a cabinet level agency to improve and enhance information sharing efforts. To support this effort, the Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for building, implementing, and maintaining multiple client networks including unclassified and classified networks components. This includes installing new network equipment, troubleshooting network connectivity, and performing maintenance tasks to maximize uptime, and limit outages. This position will also troubleshoot and resolve connectivity issues.
The ideal candidate will have in depth experience in building, implementing, managing, and maintaining multiple client networks. The selected candidate will serve as a generalist and will need to be able to balance supporting multiple task lanes.
The Network Engineer Advisor should be able to:
• Design and implement enterprise solutions for our network infrastructure
• Document network infrastructure and support playbooks
• Maintain and optimize networks
Key Personality traits that will do well in this environment
• Inquisitive by nature; you know where to look to find answers
• You enjoy collaboration and sharing information with other highly technical people
Environment you will work in
• The intersection of Cybersecurity and data. No better place to be.
• Highly technical and fast-paced environment.
• Conduct network analysis and resolve inefficiencies on the network.
• Perform day to day network maintenance which will include configuring, upgrades, installation and troubleshooting.
• Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problems and outages.
• Schedule and perform upgrades to all switches and firewalls
• Define, document, and enforce industry standards.
• Design, recommend and implement new solutions to improve the resiliency of the network
• Coordinate with other teams and vendors to resolve issues affecting our network.
To fit into our environment, you must have these core skills:
B.A. or B.S. in computer science, information technology or relevant degree from accredited institution of higher education or the equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 8 years of networking experience (**10+ years preferred and ability to elevate position to Senior Advisor level as appropriate**) in large scale global environments
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to multiple network monitoring tools
• Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical problem-solving ability, and organizational skills
• Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment
Highly desired skills:
• Cisco AnyConnect
• Aruba VPN
• Mesa VPN
• PKI knowledge
Minimum of active Interim Secret clearance and clearable to TS level
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA VA Sterling
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
We connect people with the most impactful client missions, creating an unparalleled work experience that allows them to see their impact every day. We create opportunities for our people to lead and learn simultaneously. From securing our nation's most sensitive systems, to enabling digital transformation and cloud adoption, our people are the ones who make change real.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics Information Technology, Inc.Sterling, VA
Get fresh Network Engineer Advisor- Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC), Government Clearance Required jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.