GDT is a 22-year-old, award-winning, multi-vendor, IT Solutions Provider. We are the sixth largest Cisco Partner in North America and an HPE Platinum Reseller. We partner with over 200 vendors including Dell EMC, VMware, Pure, and F5 to provide our clients with best-of-breed solutions.
Headquartered in Dallas, TX at the modern and eco-friendly GDT Innovation Campus with over 500 employees, GDT manages from its state-of-the-art Network and Security Operations Centers the networks and security solutions for many of the world’s largest enterprises, service providers and government agencies.
GDT is looking for a Sr. Human Resources Generalist (HRG) in Dallas, TX that will be responsible for providing tactical HR support for 700+ associates and management over all business units of GDT and GDT Manufacturing while serving as the first point of contact for internal HR-related inquires and processes.
This person will also be our team’s subject matter expert (SME) on HR best practices, multi-state and federal laws pertaining to employment law, immigration facilitation, benefits programs, PTO and general payroll practices and reporting via ADP WorkForceNow Payroll.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs including organizational development, change management and employee communication.
- Serving as the main point of contact for all levels of the organization involving compliance with federal and state regulations and government mandates.
- Understand and comply with ADA, DOL, EEOC, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, and OSHA regulations
- Workers Compensation claims, (multi-state) Unemployment taxes and Workforce Development for managers and employees using data analytics and metrics for required reporting.
- Assist with employee relations counseling, exit interviews, disciplinary actions, management coaching, internal investigations and terminations.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Immigration laws and regulations and coordinate with outside counsel to prepare LCA files for foreign nationals requiring corporate sponsorship with H-1B visas and extensions, H-4 visas, lawful permanent residency and naturalization.
- Maintain Employee Information records, running periodic reports in ADP WorkForceNow
- Serve as the department back-up for all on-boarding functions
- File annual EEO-1 report, EEO Wage report, conforming to EEOC regulations and deadlines
- FMLA, LOA, Short-term and Long-Term Disability administration of new and ongoing claims
- Coordinate new and active wage garnishments through ADP WFN SmartCompliance.
- Prepare and run regular and ad hoc reports and makes recommendations upon completion of analysis
- Prepare, maintain, and administer the GDT associate handbook.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of Human Resources experience, with assigned duties of increasing responsibilities.
- PHR Certification – or plan to achieve within 1 year.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and hit the ground running!
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and compliance
- Strong-desire to improve internal processes for overall culture enhancement at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to identify issues effectively and resolve appropriately, while preserving a solid command of confidentiality.
- Experience with Immigration: LCA file management, job postings, H-1B visa processing, and green card process to include PERM processing.
- Experiences with recruiting cycle – regulations and laws surrounding interviewing and terminations.
- Intermediate to advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office –abilities in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel (V-lookups and Pivot Tables a plus)
- Ability to quickly build rapport to coach management on Performance Reviews, PIPs, Terminations, Disciplinary Actions.
- Proven interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and organizational skills, customer service oriented with a strong desire to learn while carrying a heavy workload
- Consistently reviewing FLSA regulations, laws and auditing departments as necessary
- ADP WorkForceNow Payroll experience as this role will collaborate closely with payroll specialists on reporting,
- Microsoft 365 OneDrive, Adobe, FoxIt Phantom, or NitroPro Editor
- Continually review and update policies in Employee Handbook (multi-states)