We are seeking a Mechanical Assembler to become an integral part of our team!
Required for this position is the ability to assemble units or sub-assemblies according to prints and work instructions. Candidate should be experienced with hand and power tools, and able to verify completeness, accuracy, and compliance to work instructions. Must pass drug screening. Compensation range based upon ability and experience. Health, dental, optical and life insurance coverage available, as well as a 401k with 4% match.
- Must be detail oriented and prior assembly experience helpful.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year knowledge or experience of blueprints and tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain friendly and cooperative relations with those contacted in course of work; in person and through phone contact.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to operate a variety of assembly fixtures and hand and power equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to read and interpret English as related to documents such as safety rules, material specification drawings, procedures, bill of material, tape measure and blueprints.
- Ability to recognize defective parts and notify supervisor.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic, such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, and communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must be physically capable of executing the daily requirements of the job (able to lift up to 25 pounds, standing, kneeling, bending and climbing)
- Assemble assigned product parts in accordance with established standards and production guidelines.
- Perform spot checks of products to ensure adherence to approved quality standards.
- Notify supervisor of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions.
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, be able to bend, stoop, kneel, climb ladders, stand and walk continuously throughout an 8 hour work day.