Job ID#: 26229BR
Company: General Atomics
Title: Graphic Designer
Job Category: Marketing
City: San Diego
Travel Percentage Required: 0% - 25%
Clearance Required?: No
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join our Publications team located in La Jolla, CA. Under limited supervision, this position designs, lays out, and creates graphic illustrations and creative artwork for publication, both hard copy and electronic, including tradeshow graphics, brochures, web artwork, translating facts and features of subject matter into graphic terms that best convey the intended meaning and conforms to corporate branding standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with various internal departments to ascertain project requirements and specifications.
- Develop design concepts for creating company tradeshows, brochures, flyers, datasheets, and various marketing collateral
- Using requirements and specifications, designs and produces hard copy and/or electronic, graphic materials, visual presentations, and technical illustrations.
- Prepares design files for production and packages all materials to send to print/vendor
- Coordinates reproduction of hard copy material.
- Produces requested electronic material(s) in a variety of formats (web, DVD, etc.).
- Ensures materials are reproduced in a cost effective manner and meet quality standards.
- Maintains up to date desktop publishing/graphic illustration skills.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
- Typically requires an associate's degree in a related field and three or more years experience in desktop publishing/graphic illustration in a commercial or government organization. Equivalent additional work experience in desktop publishing/graphic illustration may be substituted in lieu of education.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Photography experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of production design including printing processes, color corrections, and file structure
- Proven experience and technical knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite including: InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and PowerPoint
- Must demonstrate: (1) an extensive knowledge of desktop publishing/graphic illustration principles, practices and concepts; (2) experience with a variety of graphic art techniques including illustration tools and devices; and, (3) a comprehensive understanding and practical working knowledge with a diverse array of desktop publishing software applications. Must possess: (1) the ability to grasp new concepts quickly; (2) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (3) excellent organization skills; (4) the ability to identify issues and recognize deviations from accepted practices and processes and resolve complex issues; (5) strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report; (6) excellent knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
General Atomics and affiliated companies is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.