Supply Chain Production Planner
Generac Power Systems Whitewater, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
*The formal title for this position is Production Planner
At Generac, Our People help make the world safer, brighter and more productive. United by our Values, people with diverse backgrounds and points of view work together to ensure our global customers have peace of mind.
We are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace others. As an inclusive workplace, we empower our employees to embrace diversity in all forms, celebrate our differences, and treat everyone with equity and respect. At Generac, our success is powered by Our People.
Do you want to be part of something bigger? For more than five decades, Generac has designed and manufactured diesel, natural gas, and bi-fuel generators…but we did not stop there! As we continue to grow both in size and in technological advances, we are pushing past the norm and pathing a way for the future. We are not simply satisfied with what is working now; instead, we challenge ourselves and continue to be a leader in our industry.
The Production Planner II is responsible for assisting to improve customer service levels (on time delivery) and working capital (inventory turns). This role is responsible for coordinating and expediting the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to daily and weekly production schedules including manpower scheduling. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules, conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates, monitoring inventory levels, and solving production problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate regularly with purchasing and production staff to adjust schedules to accommodate changes in machine or material availability or staffing
- Lead planning process for area of responsibility and ensures cross-functional consensus is reached on operation demand plans and inventory plans required to support customer service, and revenue objectives.
- Collaborate with corporate demand planners and business units’ cross-functional teams to develop and improve strategies and processes that drive on time delivery and working capital optimization.
- Provide recommendations on inventory strategies that will support upside revenue opportunities and fluctuations in model/mix by product line.
- Responsible for scheduling and releasing daily work.
- Develop and maintain product configuration assumptions to help calculate units.
- Work with product management to understand new product introduction (NPI) and end of sale product transitions to seamlessly phase-in or phase-out within operations with minimal risk (e.g., resource, inventory, and capacity).
- Support the seamless interaction of purchasing and materials management to resolve gaps between supply capabilities and production plans.
- Act as the day-to-day point of contact for operations to assist in the resolution of order promising situations, customer delivery difficulties and demand versus supply conflicts.
- Ensure planning capabilities support maximum efficiencies and lowest cost of operation through systems utilization and process improvements.
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned.
- Associates Degree in related field OR 2 years related experience in the Supply Chain function within a similar working environment;
- 1 year of purchasing, planning or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to evaluate situations objectively and demonstrate the ability to make decisions that are intended to have a positive impact on work performance or area and the total business;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments in order to complete them on time;
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, contract negotiation and project management;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong project management and analytical skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management;
- ERP/MRP User (SAP/Oracle);
- Materials and Supply Chain certifications;
- Experience with Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) best practices;
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus.
To formally apply to this position click here: https://generacta.avature.net/careers/JobDetail/Whitewater-Wisconsin-United-States-Production-Planner-II/4505. You will not be considered an applicant until you complete online application.
Great Reasons to work for Generac:
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- State-of-the-art facility with walking trails, café, free parking and many employee activities
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days. Each Friday we relax in our jeans!
- Product loan and discount programs
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Generac Power SystemsWhy Work Here?
Generac Power Systems is the industry leader in power generation: We bring power back to families and businesses during the toughest times!
Generac is not only a leader in power but also a believer in being responsive to our customers and our communities. Generac has a strong history of giving back to the communities where our employees live and work. Additionally, our employee volunteer storm response teams support communities across the nation impacted by natural disasters.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Generac Power Systems