SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
Here at Generac we don’t simply wait for opportunities to come to us. Our team is consistently on the lookout for new and innovative advances in our industry, which has led to our great success and company growth. We are proud to be a leader in the power generation industry and are quickly breaking ground in the Clean Energy segment. This growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
In the role of Supply Chain Manager working in Oshkosh you will be part of the site Operations team.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for providing leadership within the facility of responsibility to achieve 100% on time delivery through proper materials management and execution while optimizing working capital. Success in this role is defined achieving key goals in on time delivery, inventory accuracy, facility efficiency, and schedule attainment metrics.
This position reports to the site Director of Operations and works closely with site engineering and manufacturing operations teams, as well as the corporate sales and accounting teams.
- Manage and direct purchasing, planning, and materials management responsibilities (inventory control, receiving, shipping). Lead initiative to ensure continuity of supply throughout the operations to achieve uninterrupted supply of quality components and assemblies.
- Ensure Supply Chain team is synchronized with production execution capabilities to maximum efficiencies and lowest cost of operation. Work closely with Production Leaders and their teams to achieve SMART goals and KPI’s.
- Develop and challenge resources to improve performance through systems utilization and process improvements.
- Lead and improve Order Management best practices, processes and policies that drive perfect order logic including order types/policies, standardized lead times/tier pricing strategies, available-to-promise (ATP), customer resource management (CRM) and electronic data interchange (EDI).
- Lead and improve planning ensuring SIOP plans are executed within the facility (system integrity and execution).
- Lead and improve purchasing in conjunction with the Strategic Global Sourcing team to reduce lead times and improve material margins through Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) model.
- Lead and improve Inventory Management best practices including Plan for Every Part (PFEP)., ABC Analysis, Purchasing Methods (PO, Blanket, etc), Warehouse Management (Cycle Count Accuracy, Transactions, Bar Coding, RFID) and Advance Replenishment Methods (MRP, Stocking Programs, VMI, Consignment, Re-Order Point and Direct Pull).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, or related field OR equivalent experience in the Supply Chain function within a similar working environment
- 5 years of progressive management experience in a similar working environment.
- You have Integrity to do the right thing and walk to talk
- You’re Innovative, experiment and push boundaries, you have great ideas that have break through results
- You lead with Agility and learn in the moment and set the pace for success
- You have a strong connection with People and are a talent champion
- You foster a Team Environment and take pride in our organization and understand working together achieves results
- You lead with Excellence through continuous improvement and a drive to win
Great Reasons to work for Generac:
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Enjoy summer hours (Memorial Day – Labor Day)
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days. Each Friday we relax in our jeans!
- Product loan and discount programs
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”