It’s a challenge, and an invitation. Most importantly, it’s an opportunity to join an industry leader.
There’s never been a better time to work at Generac. We’re shaping the market and investing in new companies and new technologies. Our rapid growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
The Senior Application Developer is responsible for driving application design and development decisions around Generac’s Ecommerce environment. Working closely with the business teams to understand needs, this person will collect and write specifications, outline roadmaps to deliver functionality, manage the backlog, perform and/or direct the development, drive continuous code integration, and deliver the solutions. The Senior Application Developer should have recent and relevant experience in front and back-end web development as the position will require significant hands-on technical work. Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create application designs and perform development within Generac’s SAP Commerce (Hybris) environment. Test and document software modifications and enhancements. Work with QA to ensure high quality results.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and system goals and identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Provide application support to the business for various Ecommerce applications.
- Ensure cross-platform interoperability by creating custom APIs to our internal ERP and other business systems.
- Maintain an expertise level for changing technologies as well as socialize ideas within the team to keep up with the latest technology trends.
- Perform on-going system maintenance (upgrades, patches) to keep our E-Commerce environment secure and up to date.
- Review project ideas and provide technology input, prescribing appropriate application solutions which balance business requirements with Generac’s technology standards to arrive at the optimal solution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or related field OR related experience
- 5 years of experience in software development to include:
- Web development using Java, Spring MVC, and Java Server Pages (JSPs)
- CSS Preprocessors such as Less or Sass.
- Relational database development experience including database design, development of complex queries and stored procedures
- Experience using a command line environment to perform builds, deployments, and other software development activities.
- Experience with automated builds and releases
- 3 years of experience working with the SAP Commerce (formerly Hybris) platform. (Datahub, ImpEx, Cloud Data Inegration (CDI) Platform)
- Experience using Object-Relational Models (ORMs)
- Experience managing and utilizing code repositories and continuous integration tools including git, Azure DevOps, and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience developing custom applications in Java using Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, or similar IDE.
- Web API development using standard protocols including REST and SOAP.
- Experience E-Commerce and/or Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience in configuring and optimizing Apache httpd, Apache Tomcat, and/or IIS web servers.
- Experience in change control processes and managing deployments.
- Understanding of DNS, networking, and developing load balanced applications.
- Experience with provisioning and running applications on an Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in integrating. Java applications with SAP ECC ERP and SAP CRM using Java APIs, RFC Calls, and IDOC integration.
- Experience with Single Sign-On (SSO) protocols such as Open-ID Connect (OIDC) and SAML.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Exposure to multi-lingual, multi-regional or multi-national applications.
- Web development using ASP.Net (3.5, 4.0, 4.5), Dotnet Core, Web API and Web Forms, C# and VB.Net.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient in Java-based web development.
- Knowledge of Spring Framework, Spring MVC, and Spring Security
- Ability to convert non-technical requirements into code
- Ability to work with code repositories
To formally apply to this position go to https://bit.ly/3kCQuRe. You will not be considered an applicant until you complete an online application.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Generac Power Systems
Why Work Here?Generac is not only a leader in power but also a believer in being responsive to our customers and our communities. Generac has a strong history of giving back to the communities where our employees live and work. Additionally, our employee volunteer storm response teams support communities across the nation impacted by natural disasters.
Generac is a leading Wisconsin manufacturing company that offers internal growth and advancement!