Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Waukesha, WI is seeking a Battery Applications Senior Engineer for our Core Engineering Team.
The Battery Applications Senior Engineer: Core Engineering will lead the design, development and validation of advanced battery systems that support our diverse product line. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to create application requirements
- Develop system and component level requirements for the battery system including the battery management system (BMS).
- Create and implement a thermal management strategy for the battery system (heating and cooling)
- Conduct risk assessments, FMEA, and design reviews
- Define the battery pack durability, reliability and testing requirements
- Maintain knowledge of the current technical state and new innovations relative to advanced battery systems
- Lead the design and development of advanced battery systems from concept thru production launch
- Integrate the battery system with other electrical and mechanical systems
- Collaborate with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize designs for manufacturability.
- Support product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design input)
- Execute and oversee onsite and supplier testing
- Ensure new products meet agency compliance such as UL, CSA, NEC, CE, FCC, NFPA and EPA
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience;
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Experience leading the design and development of advanced battery systems from concept thru production launch.
- Knowledge of li-ion battery technology, including various cell chemistries.
- Experience conducting a FMEA for advanced battery systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience with power generation products.
- Familiarity with simulation software such as MATLAB Simulink.
To view a full job description visit us at www.generac.com/careers