“Powering the world, and powering employment!”
Generac would like to "Welcome Back Wisconsin." to support our continued growth, we are offering direct Testing and Repair Technicians jobs for the Jefferson HUB/Warehouse.
We have worked hard to keep our employees and facilities safe during this time, by going above and beyond the CDC guidelines.
Virtual Interviews and Tours. Apply today at www.generac.com/careers
What Generac Offers:
- Stable Work Environment
- Quarterly Bonus
- Weekly Payroll
- Great Benefits - 401k, Health, Dental, Vision, etc.
- Paid holidays
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Excellent Work Culture
- Regular Pay increases
- On the job training
- Company events and outings & employee product discounts
- Community involvement
1st Shift: 5:30 am - 1:30 pm, Monday-Friday, plus overtime on some Saturdays as needed.
The Recondition Product Tester / Repair and Testing Technicican / Maintenance Technician I Apprentice is expected to perform emergency, routine, and preventive maintenance on all production and building equipment while maintaining safety, communicating effectively, and training employees. Responsible for daily problem solving and repair of robotic, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic, and controls related issues associated with manufacturing/facility operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- May resolve problems with assistance from peers or supervisor depending the level and complexity. Follows defined procedures and practices.
- Learning the principles, practices, and processes in the function or discipline. Developing the business knowledge required of the full job.
- Safely and proficiently perform maintenance related activities of equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Assists with Diagnose and repair complex equipment breakdowns.
- Suggest and implement improvements of existing equipment and/or designs to improve safety, quality, delivery and productivity.
- Assist in designing, fabricating, and welding of mechanical structures, guards and special equipment as required. Attend training to learn techniques for maintenance of new and existing equipment.
- Perform safe and effective operation of all equipment needed to perform job function
- Provides technical support to project managers and engineers on projects.
- Assists with rigging, lifting and relocating a variety of complex, heavy machines, equipment and components
- Work is supervised daily or weekly with assignments that encompass a well-defined set of tasks. Follows established procedures, processes, or policies.
- 0-3 years of experience in maintaining industrial equipment. (robotics, controls, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical).
- Preferred experience on equipment and automation consistent with a metal fabrication, paint, and assembly operation.
- Willingness to take apprentice classes in specified trade skill area through a certified approved apprenticeship program (state, U.S. Gov't, college, skilled trade org, etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Contributes to identifying problems and implementing appropriate countermeasures.
- Intermediate mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.
- Ability to interpret drawings, schematics and machine specifications.
- Intermediate PC knowledge.
- Ability to acquire and maintain certifications for operation of service equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of codes and regulations as they apply to an industrial maintenance role (OSHA, Arc Flash, LOTO, NEC, etc.)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to warm depending upon the season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Generac Power Systems
Why Work Here?Generac is not only a leader in power but also a believer in being responsive to our customers and our communities. Generac has a strong history of giving back to the communities where our employees live and work. Additionally, our employee volunteer storm response teams support communities across the nation impacted by natural disasters.
Generac is a leading Wisconsin manufacturing company that offers internal growth and advancement!