Pika Energy, a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems, is seeking a Quality Manager to join our growing team. In this exciting new opportunity, you will lead the site quality programs to drive scale-readiness in a growing family of solar energy storage products. This role is key in leading the overall reliability, quality, and performance program for our fast-growing division of market-leading home energy products. The successful candidate will lead a growing team of quality engineers, test engineers, and technicians, collaborating with internal groups (R&D, Manufacturing, Sales, Tech Service) and third-party partners (contract manufacturers, customers, end users, NRTLs, independent labs) to ensure the quality and performance of current and next-generation power conversion and energy storage products. Candidates should be passionate about scaling distributed energy, and committed to robust products and aggressive quality, performance and cost targets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Track quality performance metrics and work closely with global network of contract manufacturers to drive corrective action and continuous improvement activities.
- Lead FMEA efforts on new and existing products
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives. Provide timelines and conduct cost analysis for improvement projects.
- Manage and monitor Corrective Action and Preventative Action processes.
- Manage rapid response and forensic investigation of field issues
- Communicate quality program status and progress to management and key suppliers
- Represent and report on Quality at management meetings
- As part of a team, address field complaints by determining root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Coordinate with the engineering design team and testing department (responsibilities may expand to include DV testing).
- Act as a gatekeeper during the New Product Introduction process to ensure that designs meet quality criteria prior to advancing to next stage.
- Work closely with engineering, operations, and sales/marketing to facilitate the flow of quality and performance information into the design cycle
- Create quality and test processes to follow for new products, for changes, and for data retention and analysis
- Monitor adherence to quality and safety certification standards.
- Work with Tech Service, Applications Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to improve the quality and consistency of service and support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Industrial Technology or equivalent experience
- Must have at least 5 years of progressive experience in design and manufacturing of electronic, electromechanical or software products with a focus on quality management in a contract manufacturing or electromechanical assembly environment.
- 2 years of experience leading, mentoring and coaching individuals and teams
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles, Six Sigma green or black belt preferred
- Proven budgetary / Cost Control experience / awareness
- Power electronics, consumer electronics or commercial electronics background preferred
- Experience working with international companies and in a matrix organization;
- Proven experience collaborating with multiple sites and functions to drive common solutions;
- Prior experience with hardware certification standards (e.g. UL1741)
- Mechanical and thermal analysis
- 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Solid quantitative skill set and the ability to analyze and communicate with well-supported data
Generac is at the forefront of changing technologies offering the broadest range of power products from portable and home standby generators to solar storage and smart home energy management solutions. You’ll work for the power solutions leader in a market with incredible growth potential. This is your opportunity to launch an exciting career in Sales with Generac and Pika Energy. If you’re an aggressive seller looking for a competitive market, apply today!