*The formal title for this position is Forecasting Analyst
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
Generac has not only seen success as a company but we have compassion for communities where we live and work. We are the #1 company is storm response, throughout the company’s history, we have remained passionate about helping those in need… both in our day-to-day roles and in our efforts to give back. This commitment is our responsibility, pride and passion.
Overview: In the role of Forecasting Analyst working in Waukesha, WI you will be part of the Finance team.
The Forecasting Analyst – Consumer Power is the owner of the sales forecast and related processes for the Consumer Power business group. The role is responsible for the monthly creation and submission of the demand forecast for three key business channels utilizing various inputs from the commercial team input, statistical trends, POS data, field inventory data, promotional forecasts as well as other external market and environmental factors. The role is also tasked with calculating, tracking and improving forecast accuracy by major product and customer, striving to improve to and maintain the target level of variance and service to the customer base.
This position reports to Director of Finance and works closely with the Consumer Power team.
• Owner and administrator of the current (and future redesigned) sales forecast for the Consumer Power business. Responsible for the monthly creation and submission of the demand forecast for three key business channels working closely with the commercial team, business group finance team, and the corporate Demand Planning team
• Provide reporting and present actionable insight to market demand, customer behavior and sell through results through aggregation of available data and market intelligence relative to forecast, history and current market activity
• Drive and measure forecast accuracy of the key products and channels, improving forecast accuracy, root causing deviations and designing methods to improve
• Monitor demand forecast relative to actual POS and market demand results (daily/weekly) raising any concerns in trends to Commercial leaders, Corporate Demand Planning, and Finance for root cause and corrective action as needed
• Collaborate with cross functional team members to optimize inventory and sku mix to improve primary working capital measures and cash flow while maintaining market leading service levels
• Support the three commercial channel VPs on certain analysis and reporting as needed
• Provide analysis as requested and provide to cross function business partners as needed. This includes being able to present data to all levels of the organization in easy to understand terms that are actionable.
• Work with the corporate Demand Planning team on implementing and utilizing statistical based forecasts as well as optimizing existing software platforms for use of the consumer power demand forecast
• Optimize the reporting of and use of Point of Sale (POS) data from key retail customers, building out the tools, automation, reporting and analysis to provide value to the business as well as utilize as an input into the demand plan
• Bachelor’s degree in Math, Business, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Finance or other related field or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Sales Forecasting, Demand Analysis, Market Analysis, or related field
Great Reasons to work for Generac:
• Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
• State-of-the-art facility with an onsite gym, walking trails, café, free parking and many employee activities
• Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
• Enjoy summer hours (Memorial Day – Labor Day)
• Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
• We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days. Each Friday we relax in our jeans!
• Product loan and discount programs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Minimal travel.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”