The Business Development Officer is responsible for the planning, execution and closing of new factoring opportunities in the transportation industry. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for originating new business opportunities through direct outbound calling, fielding inbound inquiries and other resourceful activities.
- Maintain a strong network of referral sources including commercial and investment bankers, asset-based lenders, equity and debt sponsor groups, accountants, attorneys and business consultants.
- Participate in industry trade shows for networking purposes.
- Meet with prospective company President’s, CEO’s and CFO’s to assess financing needs.
- Work with the company’s Management and/or Underwriters on new business transactions for structuring terms.
- Develop, present and negotiate financing proposals for prospective clients.
- Support and implement any new sales/marketing initiatives to grow company business.
- Manage closing process for transactions that have been approved.
- Comply with the company’s established processes and procedures.
Experience: Three plus years of experience as Business Development Officer with a transportation factoring organization.
Attributes would include:
- Considerable knowledge of corporate finance, economics, and general trade practices.
- Skill in identifying and targeting new potential clients.
- Skill in recommending and structuring appropriate transactions for clients.
- Skill in direct calling on new and existing referral contacts and prospective borrowers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, prospects, clients and outside contacts.
- Ability to utilize software packages including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Ability to keep accurate records, meet deadlines, prioritize and work in an organized manner.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Base salary range based on experience; plus, participation in an Incentive Compensation Plan based on revenue derived from funded transactions. Other benefits include major medical, dental and vision coverage for the employee paid 100% by the company.
We are a new recruiting firm with a passion for connecting people in the workplace. Unlike other recruiters, we support nurturing young talent. We fundamentally believe that there is significant opportunity to engage employees and employers in a long term relationship, where there is mutual trust and loyalty.