GenConnect is looking for a Senior Accountant in the Ann Arbor, MI area. This role is responsible for various general accounting functions, including month-end accounting close responsibilities, financial audit and various financial reporting/analysis tasks, support and technical accounting tasks for acquisitions and/or restructuring activities, support for tax and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for month-end close responsibilities, including entries related to foreign exchange (FX) translation, intercompany transactions, minority interest accounting, acquisition/restructuring accounting, and other similar month-end activities.
- Support requests related to the financial and pension benefit plan audits and interface with external auditors.
- Provide required support for tax return and tax provision preparation as well as grant compliance.
- Manage business insurance policies and reserve accounting.
- Manage accounting, planning and analysis.
- Prepare monthly unaudited financial statements and support commentary for JV entity.
- Develop forecasts and budgets for multiple accounts.
- Assist with monthly financial data loading/mapping and validation from ERP system (SAP) to consolidation system (BPC).
- Lead various projects and support all other financial activities as required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting. Masters degree highly desired in Business/Accounting.
- CPA certification highly desired.
- Strong systems aptitude with strong preference for SAP ERP/Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC) application experience.
- Experience working in a large, complex, fast-paced and multi-currency multi-national environment including experience with complex management and legal entity structures.
- Experience with General ledger, insurance and tax experience.
- Experience working in a Corporate environment.
We are a new recruiting firm with a passion for connecting people in the workplace. Unlike other recruiters, we support nurturing young talent. We fundamentally believe that there is significant opportunity to engage employees and employers in a long term relationship, where there is mutual trust and loyalty.
GenConnect Recruiting & Consulting, Inc.GenConnect Recruiting and Consulting supports small to medium size businesses with recruiting millennial candidates and provides ongoing employee engagement to improve the success rate of the employee staying. We specialize in recruiting the millennial generation (those born between 1980-2000) into industries that struggle to attract and retain graduates and millennials. In addition to recruiting, we provide career development and management services to businesses designed to strengthen the employer/employee bond. We are a new recruiting firm with a passion for connecting people in the workplace. Unlike other recruiters, we support nurturing young talent. We fundamentally believe that there is significant opportunity to engage employees and employers in a long term relationship, where there is mutual trust and loyalty.