Cybersecurity Audit and Compliance Specialist
- Expired: March 01, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Gen3 Technology Consulting is an SBA-certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) providing a diverse set of technology services and solutions to federal and commercial clients. Founded in 2017, Gen3 leverages over 25 years of information technology management and leadership experience to help our clients define, plan, manage, and achieve their strategic vision while protecting their critical IT assets. We attract and retain the highest caliber of talent by supporting an inclusive work environment, cultivating growth and leadership both professionally and personally, and encouraging work-life balance. We strive to make it our priority to be compassionate, family-friendly, respectful, and flexible.
Gen3’s Joint Ventures, Pivotal Impact (JV with Caladwich) and VetCentric (JV with PingWind) expand our team’s knowledge and expertise as we pool resources to bring federal agencies strong technical, program management, and cyber security solutions, derived by a disciplined management consulting approach.
About the role:
The Cybersecurity Audit and Compliance Specialist will gather customer enterprise security baseline controls checklists and compliance monitoring application data and capabilities, leverage expertise in recommending compliance monitoring thresholds, and provide monitoring tool infrastructure recommendations.
Location: Remote, U.S.
What you'll do:
The incumbent will utilize customer service expertise to help manage tasks and organize large amounts of data to use for instrumentation into enterprise monitoring solutions, provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, and develop and revise technical documentation. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., including the District of Columbia.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or the equivalent with 10 years of professional experience or a total of 18 years without the degree.
- 10+ years of experience with integration engineering and similar experience.
- 3+ years of experience with compliance monitoring tools.
- Experience with technical evaluation and developing recommendations based on business requirements versus tool capability.
- Experience with gathering and organizing large amounts of data to use for instrumentation into an Enterprise monitoring solution.
- Experience with creating technical documentation.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements.
What's desired to have:
- Experience working with the NIST 800 Special Publication series guidance for risk management and security control implementation, including 800-30,800-37, 800-53, 800-60, 800-63, 800-115, or 800-137.
- Experience with enterprise security configuration baselines, including interpreting and applying DISA STIGs, SRGs, CIS Benchmarks, and awareness of the National Vulnerability Database (NVD) and Common Vulnerability Enumeration (CVE).
- Experience with the VA or other government agencies.
- Experience with BigFix, dbProtect, Imperva, Splunk, or SolarWinds is a plus.
- Ability to work with customers and manage schedules.
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Veteran and HUBZone friendly employer.
Perks working with us:
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits.
- 3 weeks of PTO per year accruing from day one with a PTO exchange program.
- 11 days of paid Federal Holidays.
- 401(k) with a matching plan.
Employment eligibility: Eligible to work for any employer in the United States without requiring sponsorship. Most of our positions require a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder for consideration.
E-Verify Employer. EOE Statement: females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Gen3 is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodation: Please contact the recruiting team at email@example.com if you would like to request a reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
Gen3 Technology Consulting
Get fresh Small Business Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.