Quality Assurance Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
FLSA Code: Non-Exempt
Reports to: QA Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Work Hours: Day shift, 8-hour shift- Monday through Friday, overtime as needed
Job Summary: Ensure that the facility and product released for sale meet all relevant food quality and safety requirements and applicable regulations as outlined in Gemsa Standard Procedures and Product Specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Comply with and enforce Safe Quality Food (SQF) code
- Perform Pre-Operational Sanitation Verification, Daily Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Daily Food Safety Audit.
- Ensure that each production batch meets customer specifications.
- Ensure that production batch records meet company quality expectations relating to process and content prior to releasing the product for shipment to the warehouse.
- Organize and maintain quality records
· Review and analyze internal reworks and customer returns
· Perform daily inspections on raw materials and finished products
· Prepare lot specific COAs
· Documentation of Non-Conformances and Corrective Action Reports
· Maintain Compliance to Internal Procedures
· Communicate Non-Conformance Issues to Quality and Production Management
· Organizing and documenting retain samples and preparing the customer samples and records
- Assist in the development and revision of food safety and quality system documents including Product Specification and Food Safety Manual.
- Assist in any other Food Safety and Quality tasks and projects assigned by direct supervisor.
- Research and investigate quality records pertaining to customer complaint
- Must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Must have English reading/writing proficiency.
- Must have PC skills, and proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office applications, and email.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Read and follow written instructions carefully.
· Ability to understand customer expectations and requirements
· Ability to identify and resolve problems & issues
· Familiarity with Quality Management Systems
· Effective communication skills- oral and written
· Good organizational skills
· Ability to multitask and prioritize various demands
· Ability to work individually & as part of a cross-functional team
· Detail Oriented
- Industrial plant atmosphere with related noise and temperatures ranging from plus 100 degrees Fahrenheit to less than 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to work on feet for extended periods of time, climb stairs and walk at least 1200 feet unassisted
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds
- Requires climbing, standing, stooping, twisting, lifting, and other physical movements to perform the job.
- Employment is contingent upon drug screening, background verification, and skills test required for some positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability.
Gemsa OilsWhy Work Here?
Awesome company! Great Benefits!
14370 Gannet StLa Mirada, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Gemsa Oils