Android Developer (must be in the Denver CO area)
Gemr is looking for an Android engineer who is excited to work on our mobile app and wants to help develop the ultimate paradise for collectors. Come join a team of engineers who spend their day discussing the latest implementation details between fierce debates about Star Wars. We’re looking for someone who enjoys working with our Product team to design the latest collection management interface (think Superman teaming up with Batman).
We need a pop culture loving engineer to help us work out ways to filter relevant items for our collectors. Gemr is the central headquarters for the Avengers of engineering, we offer team lunches and outings to make sure our team is as cohesive as a super-squad can be.
- Design, develop and test Android applications, with a focus on simplicity of use and high-performance
- Come up with innovative solutions to interesting problems presented by our growing community of passionate fans and collectors.
- Work across disciplines with team members from front-end, back-end, design, and product management
- Actively participate in product decisions, ensuring we set reasonable development deadlines
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of mobile development experience
- Understanding of RESTful web services
- Great communication skills and ability to work with others
- Strong development skills with Java and Android Studio
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining Android applications on top of RESTful APIs
- You have fundamentals in OO-design, data structures, and problem-solving
- You have experience shipping quickly and often, while still maintaining test coverage
- You are a team player - no job is too small or too big!
- You have experience using/integrating Firebase FCM and Mixpanel.
- Understanding of CI/CD workflow with Android
- Experience working & collaborating directly with a Product team
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year