Gemma Power Systems Glastonbury, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
The Senior Accountant is a vital part of the Gemma Finance team who reports to the Director of Accounting. The ideal candidate must be highly organized, self-driven and committed to delivering a high quality work product under regimented time constraints. The Senior Accountant should be focused on expansion of knowledge of our systems, processes, and guidelines and should strive for self-improvement.
This position is based out of Gemma’s Headquarters in Glastonbury, CT and may involve occasional travel to project sites.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reconciliation of various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Preparation of internal financial statements.
- Analysis of budget variances; other analyses as deemed necessary.
- Preparation of quarterly forecasting reports.
- Coordination with external auditors.
- Review of monthly union reporting packages; coordination with payroll group to reconcile.
- Review of various payroll packages.
- Review of various journal entries and reconciliations prepared by team members.
- Responsible for reporting lease activity under ASC 842.
- Record keeper of monthly close documentation.
- Review of processes and procedures for improvement.
- Periodic site visits to support finance initiatives.
- Preparation of workpapers to support quarter end and year end requirements.
- Documentation of Senior Accountant process manual; update as needed.
- Effectively communicate with other Accountants, Supervisors and Managers.
- Support and participate in collaboration activities to promote and implement process improvements.
- Perform other work-related tasks as needed or assigned.
This position requires self-awareness and initiative. The candidate must be assertive to take on learning activities and grasp developmental opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Accounting; public accounting experience of 4+ years or equivalent corporate accounting experience. CPA is a plus.
- Must have detailed working knowledge of Microsoft O365 suite of products, especially Microsoft Excel. Experience with Sage 300 preferred. Microsoft PowerBi also a plus.
- Highly motivated and self-directed; initiative and a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- High level of attention to detail and a commitment to quality is required, with ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple deliverables is a necessity.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to plan and prioritize work.
Gemma offers comprehensive, nationwide health and welfare benefits to all employees, staff and skilled craft. We strive to reward and support our employees with exceptional healthcare coverage, financial planning and savings resources, work-life balance, and much more.
About Gemma Power Systems, LLC:
Gemma Power Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Argan Inc. (NYSE: AGX), is a leading Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) company providing innovative solutions for the power and renewable energy industry. Our wide-ranging and comprehensive experience comprises more than 15 GW installed capacity including state-of-the-art combined cycle and simple cycle gas turbine plants, biomass projects, solar facilities, wind farms, biofuel plants and environmental facilities spanning the continental United States.
Additional information about Gemma Power Systems can be found at www.gemmapower.com.
Gemma Power Systems in an equal opportunity employer. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other protected classification as established under federal, state, or local law.
Gemma Power Systems
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Gemma Power Systems