Project Controls Manager
Gemma Power Systems Glastonbury, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Nationwide engineering and construction company seeking candidates with Construction Management and Scheduling background.
- Primarily Corporate office-based position located in Glastonbury, CT. Some travel required.
- CPM Scheduling background required. Mastery of Primavera P6 software.
- Must be self-motivated, an excellent communicator, and team focused individual able to work under minimal supervision and competently perform current scheduling techniques and analyses on all aspects and phases of a project.
- The candidate must be able to interface with Project execution teams and Senior Management.
- Assist in developing detailed Project Schedule and Labor and Quantity tracking metrics for each project is in accordance with scheduling and cost control department policies and procedures.
- Develop and analyze man-hour resources.
- Provide Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Project Controls teams across all projects.
- Visit Project Sites to provide management team feedback for improvement and standardization.
- Write-up Summary report for Project Management after each site visit.
- Assist Estimating and Business Development departments with Level 1 schedules.
- Assist Project Management with Level 3 Project Schedule creation and turnover.
- Ensure schedulers are using lessons learned, sound techniques and best practices to update progress, acquire information, baseline schedules, maintain schedules, develop commodity curves, track metrics, and support project teams on a routine basis.
- Weekly review of the Project Schedules, Labor and Quantity tracking metrics to verify consistency and accuracy. Analyze, recommend, and mitigate schedule related issues.
- Assist in providing impact analysis of schedule changes, identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team
- Responsible for promptly reporting schedule slippage, other unsatisfactory performance, or other variances on projects.
- Train and mentor schedulers in all aspects of Planning and Scheduling within P6, preparing and analyzing metric reports.
Gemma offers comprehensive, nationwide health and welfare benefits to all employees, staff, and skilled craft. We strive to reward and support our employees with exceptional healthcare coverage, financial planning and savings resources, work-life balance, and much more.
About Gemma Power Systems, LLC:
Gemma Power Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Argan Inc. (NYSE: AGX), is a leading Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) company providing innovative solutions for the power and renewable energy industry. Our wide-ranging and comprehensive experience comprises more than 15 GW installed capacity including state-of-the-art combined cycle and simple cycle gas turbine plants, biomass projects, solar facilities, wind farms, biofuel plants and environmental facilities spanning the continental United States.
Additional information about Gemma Power Systems can be found at www.gemmapower.com.
Gemma Power Systems in an equal opportunity employer. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other protected classification as established under federal, state, or local law.
Gemma Power Systems
TechnologyView all jobs at Gemma Power Systems