- Posted: over a month ago
Gemma Power Systems is seeking a Payroll Manager to join our team in Glastonbury, CT. Gemma is looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to oversee the timely preparation and processing of nationwide multi-frequency payroll.
The Payroll Manager is integral to the Gemma Finance team. A successful candidate must be highly organized, self-driven and committed to delivering high quality work product under regimented time constraints. The Payroll Manager should be focused on expansion of knowledge of our systems, processes, and guidelines, and should strive for self-improvement. This position will have supervisory responsibility and reports directly to the Director of Accounting.
- Manage the preparation and processing of multi-frequency payrolls under critical deadlines. Includes staff payroll, craft payroll, incentives, per diems and various true-ups and adjustments.
- Implement appropriate controls to verify accuracy and timeliness of payroll runs. Obtain all related approvals. Retain appropriate documentation and local/digital copies of ADP reports.
- Interface with Employee Care on employee benefits, 401(k) retirement plan elections, change instructions related to staff tax elections, and other information as required.
- Stay current on payroll tax laws and promote compliance within the organization.
- Manage and respond to various payroll related notices from governmental agencies as needed.
- Coordination with external auditors and requests for information.
- Manage relationship with ADP payroll representatives and related functions performed by ADP.
- Supervise the performance of home office payroll clerks and promote training opportunities.
- Maintain adherence to union pay rules. Oversee the preparation of union reporting and accuracy of remittances.
- Coordination with accounting counterparts on recording and reconciliation of payroll items, including preparation of workpapers to support various financial requirements.
- Reconciliation of payroll tax returns and year end W2’s/W3’s.
- Manage the project payroll process, including the format of deliverables for the home office.
- Collaborate with project sites to maintain integrity of site timekeeping system and promote efficient procedures in the collection of craft time.
- Review of processes and procedures for improvement.
- Periodic site visits to support payroll initiatives.
- Documentation of process manuals for all payroll positions.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 6+ years of related experience required.
- Experience processing multi-frequency payroll for large number of union and non-union employees.
- Must have extensive knowledge of core payroll concepts and compliance.
- Thorough understanding of paycheck calculations including benefits, deductions, taxes, and contributions.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now is a plus.
- Must have detailed working knowledge of Microsoft O365 suite of products, especially Microsoft Excel. Experience with Microsoft Power BI also a plus.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational and interpersonal skills. High level of attention to detail and a commitment to quality is required.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple deliverables is a necessity.
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive Nationwide Health and Welfare Benefits
- Company Sponsored Events
- Financial Planning and Savings Resources
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Work Life Balance
About Gemma Power Systems:
Gemma Power Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Argan Inc. (NYSE: AGX), is a leading Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) company providing innovative solutions for the power, renewable and industrial industry. Our wide-ranging and comprehensive experience comprises more than 15 GW installed capacity including state-of-the-art combined cycle and simple cycle gas turbine plants, biomass projects, solar facilities, wind farms, biofuel plants, industrial and environmental facilities spanning the continental United States.
Additional information about Gemma Power Systems can be found at www.gemmapower.com
Gemma Power Systems in an equal opportunity employer. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other protected classification as established under federal, state, or local law.
Gemma Power Systems
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Gemma Power Systems