Gem Shopping Network is a 20+ year-old company specializing in the sale of high-end, one-of-a-kind, gemstones and jewelry through a virtual marketplace that entertains & educates consumers through a 24/7 live broadcast & stream on pay TV, Digital, Social, Mobile and OTT.
The company recently began a data-driven, digital transformation and is seeking an analytics leader to lead and support our transformation from a pure play TV shopping channel to a multi-channel experience. Core to this data-driven effort will be establishing the size of the viewing audience across all distribution platforms and then evaluating the effectiveness of multi-screen marketing programs designed to grow digital channel engagement surrounding Gem’s core television show.
If you have the skills and experience and are interested in joining a friendly, passionate team with limitless potential and want to work for a company poised for explosive, global growth, we’d love to meet you!
The Senior Analyst, Omni-Channel Marketing Analytics reports to the Marketing Director. This individual will manage all marketing analytics activity and foster insight into the effectiveness of marketing programs including TV Tune-In campaigns designed to increase TV viewership, OTT and Mobile App distribution, SEO/SEM; outbound email; social; and other digital marketing initiatives including programmatic and data-driven, addressable media including mobile, display & video.
You will be responsible for data collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of audience & campaign performance-based metrics. This position is a full-time, on-site role in our Duluth headquarters, working as a key constituent on our marketing and senior management team. In addition to campaign reporting, the Senior Analyst will help manage in-house customer and prospect databases, assist in reporting, segmentation, and maintenance of key demographic, response, and behavioral audiences.
- Campaign Reporting & Dashboards – lead the creation of our first Omni-Channel analytics dashboard and reporting program
- Evaluate departmental and organizational reporting needs
- Compile household viewership information & behaviors from each of our pay TV partners. Analyze how marketing programs effect the size and frequency of our viewing audience
- Create a social media metrics dashboard and generate ideas on how to grow this audience and its engagement to the show
- Create a wholistic view of the GEM audience across all screens (TV, OTT, Web & Mobile streams and social)
- Create and maintain a custom dashboard showing marketing KPI’s, campaign performance/effectiveness, ROI, progress and growth of the business
- Use web analytics to generate campaign highlights & insights; analyze site metrics, lead & conversion activities, app installs and online behavior
- Website Analytics - analyze visitor behavior, experience, and site performance for the Company’s Website, Mobile and OTT apps and identify areas for conversion rate optimization and site improvement
- Organize and socialize campaign performance data across the organization. Generate campaign wrap-up reports including results, actionable insights, optimization tactics, learnings, and recommendations
- Custom analysis – support marketing and sales in the creation of case studies, and ad-hoc reporting
- Support marketing in the planning, execution and management of marketing campaigns with a focus on measuring and improving ROI and performance metrics
- Review marketing budgets, campaign performance, and associated revenues. Provide recommendations regarding marketing spend based on campaign performance and ROI
- Create campaign test plans, provide audience segmentation recommendations, and structure A/B testing to accelerate learnings and identify actionable levers for improving campaign performance
- Audience Data Management – work with in-house data support personnel to create a scalable audience-based infrastructure that can be used to identify, track, warehouse, and extract custom audiences for analysis and marketing campaign execution
- Work closely with Finance and IT team members to coordinate and automate reporting of marketing and customer-level KPI’s
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4-year college degree, preferably in Decision Sciences, Economics, Mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of television and digital marketing analytics experience
- Minimum 5 years of campaign measurement and/or reporting & analytics experience
- Proven track record creating, automating and publishing digital marketing KPI dashboards, reports, providing analysis, & visualizing data
Desired Skills and Experience – cont’d:
- Must have experience with data management using SQL and be proficient in PowerPoint, spreadsheet applications, and pivot tables including Excel and Access
- Hands-on experience using marketing or data analytics platforms in the ad tech space such as Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Omniture, Tableau, Domo, Crystal Reports, WebTrends, Acquisio, Datorama, eMail platforms, and/or others
- Strong analytical skills and mathematical skills with proven ability to tell a story using data and campaign insights to improve program performance and ROI
- Strong attention to detail and excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage detailed work products and communicate project status effectively to all levels
Extended Skills Welcomed & Encouraged:
- Google AdWords, Digital Analytics Association (DAA), and/or Google Analytics Certification a plus
- Experience with digital campaign management and optimization and/or work using agency-level PPC campaign management platforms, RTB platforms, DSPs and/or DMPs
- Experience working with Linear/Addressable TV, Cable Network and/or Satellite providers a plus