- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Originally established in 1916, Camerican International is a leading US food importer to the retail, foodservice, chain restaurant, and manufacturing industries. Camerican imports food products such as frozen and canned fruits, vegetables, seafood, and select specialty items from over 40 countries around the world. Camerican is headquartered in Paramus, NJ, with sales offices across the US. For more information, please visit us at www.camerican.com.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant, who will report to the Controller and will be responsible for assisting the Accounting/Finance department in creating accurate and timely financial reports as well as performing account analysis and reconciliations. A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and demonstrated knowledge of technical and operational accounting and finance functions are required.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare and enter journal entries into the general ledger for monthly and year-end close
- Support certain aspects of the general ledger such as closing periods, interfacing subsystems, chart of accounts and others
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts
- Research inventory cost variances
- Reconcile cash bank statements
- Prepare accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards
- Establish records of accounts and entries into proper accounts
- Document and ensure proper keeping of financial records
- Preparing consolidated internal and external financial statements by analyzing information from the general ledger system and department heads
- Prepare and review analytics on gross profit
- Analyze and reconcile discounts and promotional deductions taken by customers
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5-7 years of previous related experience; cost accounting is a plus
- Highly proficient in MS Office; advanced Excel a must
- ERP INFOR M3 experience is a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- CPA preferred but not required
- Strong understanding of US GAAP & accounting standards
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Flexible, self-motivated and highly organized
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
In addition to offering a competitive base salary and a performance-based bonus program, we are committed to providing our employees with comprehensive benefits that include a choice of benefit plans and levels of coverage to meet the needs of the employees and their families.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefit options
- Company-paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tax Savings Flexible Spending Accounts - Health and Dependent Care
- Generous company match with immediate vesting upon enrollment in our 401(k)
- Progressive PTO policy in addition to Company paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance program for both employees and their children
- Employee engagement and recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Employee Wellness and Community Giving Initiatives
- Company-sponsored celebrations and team building events
Camerican International, Inc. (a Gellert Global Group company) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce through the application of its nondiscrimination policy. All employment decisions are conducted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Gellert Global Group
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Retail Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.