Auto Damage Trainee - $26.80/hr - Oahu
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States at https://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/11238/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Auto Damage at http://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/auto-damage-opportunities-at-geico-154
Auto Damage Trainee - $26.80 / hour
Salary: $54,000 / year
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we're looking for an Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee to start a GEICO career on Oahu .This position starts as AD Evaluator which will require the associate to handle both subrogation and competitive estimate responsibilities depending on business needs and volumes for Hawaii and Alaska regions. These duties include reviewing and approving adverse subrogation demands and repair estimates from customers, contacting repair shops and other carriers to request missing documents/photos; negotiating property damage demands, as well as partial and total loss settlements, drafting property damage arbitration contentions, assisting customers in our unstaffed areas through our AD process, and managing rentals - all with the highest level of customer focus.
At GEICO, it's not just a job, it's growth and opportunity.
There's one thing our associates all have in common: they found a career they never expected. With coaching and mentoring, you will find your position as an Auto Damage Adjuster Traineecan become a career in the most unexpected and rewarding ways.
- Our GEICO Auto Damage Adjuster Trainees earn an annual salary of $54,000 / year with opportunity for a salary increase within the first six months based on successful performance
- Be challenged daily in all types of environments without being tied to a desk
Get ready to join a company you can believe in and work alongside a team of associates who care. You will attend an extensive 10-week training program, with up to eight weeks of travel to Ashburn, VA and San Diego, CA, learning the ins and outs of automobile damage and insurance claims adjusting. Equipped with the latest tools and technology in auto adjusting, you will:
- Inspect and assess vehicle damage ranging from minor fender-benders to extensive damage caused by major accidents, hurricanes, floods and other natural disasters
- Estimate the cost of vehicle repairs, negotiate equitable settlements and issue payments
- Work directly with other Adjusters and supervisors in a field environment while working with multiple external stakeholders such as body shops, rental partners, and parts providers.
- High school diploma or equivalent with Bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to attend an extensive 10-week training program with up to eight weeks of travel to Ashburn, VA and San Diego, CA, and ability to work independently with flexible schedules
- Strong customer service skills with solid computer, multi-tasking skills, and mechanical aptitude
- Strong attention to detail with time management and decision-making skills
- Must possess a valid driver's license
As a full-time GEICO associate, you'll be offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program with a wide range of benefits. We said it's more than a job! Our benefits ensure a long-lasting career with us as your personal life and needs change. See for yourself here at https://www.geico.com/careers/about-geico/total-rewards-program/ .
About your career:
Get to know a little more about Auto Damage careers here: https://www.geico.com/careers/opportunities/auto-damage/ and find out what makes working here pleasantly unexpected for our associates.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.