The Fleet Mechanic will be under limited supervision perform preventive maintenance, service, inspect, diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns when necessary
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Responsible for the inspection and prompt, efficient, thorough maintenance and repair of all company vehicles.
- Ensure that vehicles are able to pass roadside DOT inspections.
- Report all pertinent information to supervisor promptly.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
· Experience: 4-5 years of heavy diesel and trailer repairs.
- CDL license – Preferred.
- Comply with all guidelines under DOT regulations
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop, and reach for long periods of time
- Works with limited supervision
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Top pay based on experience.
- 1 week paid time off after the first year
- Insurance available after 30 days