- Expired: October 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
GEEKS ON SITE
We are a nationwide company with over 10 years of experience as a market leader providing premium quality computer repair and IT support services. We are currently looking for field technicians to service our residential and small business customers.
The On-Call Technician is responsible, accountable, and able to work in an unsupervised location, facing clients directly. You could be tasked with maintaining computer systems, troubleshooting errors, maintaining internet connectivity, running diagnostic tests, maintaining servers, repairing computer hardware, and providing technical support. You could also be responsible of the installation and configuration of TV, surveillance, automation and networked systems in mainly residential, but also commercial spaces.
Please note, this is a 1099 independent contractor position. You are also responsible for tools, having your own vehicle and valid driver's license, and vehicle maintenance. We will cover expenses for gas in excess of 20 miles (one-way), and other site-related expenses. You will be compensated between $30 - $35 / hour for time on-site and parts purchased for customers.
Duties may include:
• 2 year minimum professional experience providing Tech Support
• Configuring email accounts using Mail, Outlook and Outlook Express
• In-depth knowledge and usage of Windows operating systems
• PC imaging, hardware diagnostics and configuration
• TCP/IP, Routers, WAPs, Wireless, Mesh and other networking devices
• Spyware/Adware removal tools as well as antivirus programs
• Must be comfortable with all facets of PC, and laptop hardware setup and maintenance; including installation and configuration of hard drives, NICs, printers, and other PC accessories
• Experience with Mac is preferred, but not required
• Installation and setup of smart home/IoT products
• Assist with connecting and troubleshooting smart home products and hubs (TV/Camera/ Doorbell installations)
• Provide clients with basic tutorials, so they understand software
• Assist clients with warranty and troubleshooting issues
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
• PC imaging and configuration
• Troubleshoot hardware and network issues
• Aptitude for helping people use and understand the technology
• Ability to learn on the job
• In-depth knowledge and usage of smart devices and their systems
• Experience in smart device installation, hardware diagnostics and configuration
• Able to climb ladders, work at heights, and lift and carry items unassisted
• Must have a knowledge of general construction and electrical principles
Geeks on Site
TechnologyView all jobs at Geeks on Site
Get fresh Market Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.