Systems Support Technician
Gee Whiz Orondo, WA
- Expired: 27 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Gee Whiz, part of the Auvil Fruit family of companies, is a premium grower and producer of Washington apples and cherries sold under the highly regarded Gee Whiz brand.
We are seeking a full-time Systems Support Technician to support our growing company.Job Description
The role of the Systems Support Technician is to provide technical assistance and support for issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. Respond to queries either in person or over the phone. Train computer users. Maintain daily performance of computer systems. Work with the Systems Administrator to manage and monitor all aspects of our servers and network.
- Provide timely support for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Provide training to customers.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Assist Systems Administrator maintaining the IT infrastructure.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Perform regular file archival and purge, as necessary.
- Strong hands-on Windows 10 experience.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts, as necessary.
- Assist in IT projects and provide the necessary support as requested.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services, as necessary.
- Provide excellent documentation on work and resolutions.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures when they do not currently exist.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform on going performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a group.
- Experienced with both wired and wireless infrastructures in a business setting.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Enthusiastic and willing to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish – English) is a plus.
Preferred Education and Experience
College diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position.
This position is not eligible for employment-based immigration. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at Gee Whiz