Software Engineering Internship
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are
The mission of Gecko Robotics is to protect today's critical infrastructure, and give form to tomorrow's: refineries, power plants, heavy manufacturing facilities, vessels, water storage, and many more. We accomplish this through our robotics platforms in tandem with our enterprise software solutions, creating a virtuous cycle of data acquisition, processing, analysis, and decision-making. Our robots operate in some of the most dangerous industrial environments, collecting data of unprecedented value and magnifying the contributions of human experts, while keeping them out of harm's way. Gecko is uniquely poised to maximize both the production and the useful life of the assets we rely on to meet the world's energy needs.
Software engineering interns at Gecko work alongside other engineers in the software department and take part in the full lifecycle of product development - from initial planning, to design and development of new functionality, to release and iteration with users. You will also have an opportunity to learn more about robotics, since we develop a fleet of robots to acquire data, which we leverage in our products to help assess, repair, and preserve industrial infrastructure.
This posting is for 2023 internships.
What You Will Do
- Design and develop software including: our robotic interface, data processing pipelines, data analysis and visualization tools, and new browser applications we're building to solve critical customer problems.
- Interact with other engineers in a team environment, and receive mentorship from experienced software engineers in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Have opportunities to be hands-on with the robots and potentially visit customer sites and participate in the field.
- Provide input to the longer-term plans and roadmap as we work to build a new platform and set of applications.
What Gecko Is Looking For
- Working towards B.S., M.S, or M.S.E. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
- Interest or experience in at least one of the following categories: signal and image processing, motion control, data processing, visualization and analysis, or UI design.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and commitment to growth. We will provide mentorship and support, but we are looking for individuals who also strive for autonomy and having a large impact.
- Strong references/recommendations are required.
TechnologyView all jobs at Gecko Robotics
Get fresh Internship Robotics jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.