Gecko Hospitality is looking for a Hotel General Manager for a Luxury Hotel in Miami, Florida.
The General Manager drives implementation of the hotel brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of exceeding guest expectations, increased profit and market share. The General Manager will lead the team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies, hold the property leadership team accountable for strategy execution and guide their individual professional development. The General Manager will be responsible for effectively leading and managing all aspects of the operation, including guest and team member satisfaction, rooms, nightlife, Food & Beverage operations, financial performance, revenue, sales and marketing, and fiscal operations for the property.
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Functioning as the primary strategic leader of the hotel with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and associate satisfaction, human resources, financial performance and sales and revenue generation.
- Identifies leadership and fosters career development.
- Creates a cohesive leadership team and a positive business environment that consistently delivers results.
- Develops deployment strategies to market property in order to continue to grow market share.
- Supports the sales strategy by encouraging effective revenue management practices.
- Reviews competitive shopping reports and uses other resources to maintain an awareness of the property’s market position.
- Ensures capital expenditure funds are being budgeted and deployed effectively.
- Holds team accountable for successful performance in a positive manner.
- Utilizes an “open door” policy.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding property goals to produce desired results.
- Fosters team member engagement in providing excellent service.
- Participates in daily operations to ensure strong and sustained interdepartmental communications, problem resolution and guest satisfaction.
- Ensures accurate revenue, expense and labor forecasts, and execution.
- Use business forecasts to manage costs by scheduling labor in accordance with staffing guidelines, control other expenses in accordance with business demand levels, and control utility expenses in accordance with energy management and building operations standards.
- Partner closely with ownership and works to understand their priorities and exceed their expectations through proactive and on-going communication.
- Attend mandatory hotel meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Daily interaction with Executive Committee members and property leaders.
General Manager Requirements:
- 3 + years of GM experience in comparable upscale full-service hotel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality or a related field preferred
- Lifestyle hotel and industry work experience preferred but not required
- Excellent leadership skills
- Luxury hotel experience
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
- Experience and knowledge in the Rooms division
- High volume Food & Beverage experience is a must
- Proven track record in delivering financial results, building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment
- Ability to inspire team members and to create a culture of care and accountability
- Commitment to exceptional guest experience
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization