We are seeking an Executive Chef for a Full-Service Hotel on Miami Beach, Florida!
This hotel is focused on achieving a high level of client and guest satisfaction every day. This requires building an enthusiastic team of high-performing individuals to fill a wide variety of positions to provide exceptional service, from the heart. We seek qualified candidates who share the values and the desire to create a warm and professional hospitality environment.
Executive Chef Overview:
The Executive Chef oversees the safe and efficient operation for the culinary and kitchen operations in accordance with company standards. He/She establishes and maintains standard operating procedures, kitchen systems including preparation logs, inventories, product usage and PMIX reporting, administrative and training programs for the development of his/her staff, financial prudence for food and labor costs, and programming/menus for all meal periods. This position is also responsible for ensuring that health and safety standards are maintained at all times per state and federal regulations. The Executive Chef ensures and is committed to the development of a cohesive staff that consistently produces high-quality food which promotes profitability and a positive culture.
The Executive Chef must display effective listening and communication skills, initiative, ability to work independently and in teams, and lead by example. He/she must be able to exercise good judgment and discretion, display effective problem-solving skills, and provide excellent customer service. Additionally, the Executive Chef must have the ability to multi-task, maintain composure under pressure, and display a high level of professionalism, integrity, and follow through.
Executive Chef Skills Required
- Leadership – ability to effectively motivate, mentor, coach & counsel others to perform well (including appropriate documentation)
- Customer Service – deliver hospitable service that is attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous; demonstrate patience, tact, and diplomacy
- People Skills – ability to collaborate, create rapport, and work effectively with others
- Communication Skills – Ability to effectively listen & communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Problem-Solving & Analytical Skills – Ability to identify the issue, collect and analyze information to understand the problem and effectively resolve. Identify, recommend, and implement best practices
- Judgment & Discretion – appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Organizational & Time Management Skills – ability to appropriately schedule a time to meet job demands, multi-task, prioritize, follow through, and work efficiently with limited supervision
- Aptitude & Adaptability – the ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Composure – ability to maintain composure and work under pressure, managing stress to meet business demands. (Calmly handle all customer and employee interactions & issues)
- Attention to Detail – ability to follow instructions and achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Computer skills/ Technical Aptitude – proficiency in computer technology, i.e. e-mail, MS Word, Excel, & other hotel related systems. Utilize technology to enhance organizational efficiency
- Training – ability to share knowledge and act as a resource in teaching others to perform tasks efficiently and safely
- Must have strong Culinary/cooking skills - skilled in different styles of cooking
- Food cost analysis, i.e., knowledge of food ordering, inventories, labor control
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of kitchen equipment use and operation
- Knife skills, grill, broiler, sauté and Expediter skills; garde manger experience
- Financial understanding of food costs and minimizing waste in the kitchen
Experience / Education:
Minimum 2 years’ of high volume kitchen management; catering/banquet experience, management or previous supervisory experience in food and beverage operations preferred; Culinary degree desirable or equivalent combination of education and work; previous experience with employee coaching and counselling as well as documentation; experience with establishing, documenting and enforcing food safety procedures and workplace safety procedures, as well as purchasing, receiving and inventory control. Serve Safe Certification and Allergy Awareness Training strongly preferred