Summary of Major Responsibilities:
The Executive Assistant is responsible for a variety of duties and responsibilities in support of executive leadership. This position provides administrative support related to a variety of areas, including managing executive calendars, compiling and analyzing data, coordinating events and meeting logistics, functional budget processes and expense reconciliation, managing team resources and supplies , some marketing functions, and serving as a coordination point for team documentation, meeting notes and archives. This is a customer-facing position within the team and across the business and requires the need to manage concurrent activities and interact with individuals at all levels of the organization. Given the nature of the function, strong integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality is key to the success of the position. This position interfaces with senior leaders, directors, managers, and visitors to gather and exchange information.
This opportunity will support the CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executive support: manage the day-to-day calendar for executive leadership; assuming central coordination for internal and external requests and proactively managing cadence for standing meetings (one-on-ones, team meetings, etc.); managing expense reconciliation, travel arrangements and other tasks.
- Drive effective record-keeping through management of an efficient communication and organizational system and note-taking; includes managing a document-sharing platform and driving the effective use of such tool.
- Assist with processes related to invoicing and budget reconciliation for the leader; includes management of purchase requisition requests, contract reviews through legal function, invoice reconciliation & ongoing, functional budget analysis.
- Draft correspondence and presentations which may be typed from notes, edits, photocopies, faxes, files, etc. and may be of a confidential nature. May prepare presentation materials for meetings.
- Provide assistance for internal and external events, which may include venue contracting, food and beverage coordination, entertainment & attendance tracking.
- Collaborate with leaders and assistants from multiple functions internally and with partners externally to effectively manage availability and capacity of the leader.
- Support team communication efforts by authoring or editing team or company-wide communications.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work normal schedule of Monday through Friday during normal business hours with the ability to provide support for urgent situations outside of normal business hours (i.e. travel cancellations, less than 5% of the time)
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately <5% of a typical working day
- Ability to work seated for approximately 90% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 10% of a typical working day
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of working time between building locations and to offsite events
- Associates degree in Business Administration, Administrative support or related field; or high school degree/general education diploma and 2 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 5+years of experience working in an administrative support capacity, demonstrating progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Experience with the business travel & expense platforms & receipt reconciliation.
- Experience managing Microsoft Outlook calendars for individuals & groups.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point with demonstrated ability to create presentations, draft communications & perform analyses (including application of formulas and PivotTables).
- Demonstrated initiative and innovation; experience identifying needs for improvement and seeking/developing creative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally, coordinate and communicate effectively with internal staff and external customers.
- Well-organized with extremely strong attention to detail.
- Strong, demonstrated organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as demonstrated by work samples.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills including the ability to easily convey concepts and priorities as well as the ability to solicit feedback and inputs.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee information.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience providing Executive support preferred.
Our national network consists of 37 regional offices that are driven to meet the needs of the hospitality industry. In addition, Gecko Hospitality offers the largest selection of hospitality jobs, restaurant jobs, hotel jobs, resort jobs and club management jobs online. Our specialized, hospitality-focused team covers all 50 states and Canada with over 80 Franchise Partners and recruiters. Gecko Hospitality was founded on providing the finest restaurant jobs nationwide to the highest performing candidates. More importantly, our Franchise Partners and recruiters began their careers in hospitality and there is no finer training ground for recruiting than real life experience.
At Gecko Hospitality, we are passionate about making sure that every member of our recruiting team is familiar with our philosophies. In the same way that we learn about people when developing relationships and friendships, we want our people to have a sense of Gecko Hospitality's values and insight into our company's "personality." With this insight comes a greater understanding of how values "fit" with Gecko Hospitality's values, why we do things the way we do as well as providing a basis for making decisions that are appropriate to those values. We all play a part in keeping these traditions and philosophies alive.
We want every member of our recruiting team to understand that we are only as good as how well we follow these philosophies on an every day basis. Gecko Hospitality is all about achieving results by being motivated. This motivation to achieve results comes from within. No one can motivate us, nor can we motivate anyone else. As leaders, all that we can do is provide an environment where people motivate themselves to achieve mutually beneficial goals. Along with this philosophy, each team member possesses the following traits for which we are proud: honesty, integrity, desire, determination, listening skills, rapid learning, responding in a timely manner, effective communication skills, thoroughness, empathy, compassion, and most of all we want every team member to have a strong work ethic that motivates them to produce superior results both for our candidates and for our Clients.
At Gecko Hospitality, you certainly have... more choices.