Director of Hospitality - Resort F&B
We are looking for a dynamic Leader to join our Food & Beverage department as the Director of Hospitality. The Director of Hospitality and restaurant Leader is responsible for providing the leadership role to the leaders and team throughout the F&B department. They uphold the standards for food and beverage quality, genuine hospitality, team member engagement, financial achievement, and the guest experience. The Director of Hospitality must uphold all company policies, procedures and standards through their team of managers and team members. They will formulate plans to meet budgets, new initiatives and the development of their team; as well as maintain existing standards.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions
- Thorough understanding of all dining room and kitchen systems and operations; must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in all aspects of the restaurant
- Provides direction, coaching and leadership for all leaders and team members
- Communicates effectively with the Leadership Team
- Is a champion of impeccable Hospitality; lives and teaches it everyday
- Assigns areas of responsibility for each leader, communicating expectations and following up on a regular basis during one on one conversations
- Responsible for establishing and appropriately communicating goals to the restaurant leaders on a regular basis. This includes daily accountability of restaurant sales, actions taken on projects, progress on company initiatives, situations discussed in leader meetings, guest comments and feedback, restaurant staffing and labor, leader in development performance and financial results
- Ensures service standards and food /beverage standards are maintained consistently
- Plans, executes and follows up with new company initiatives, including food/beverage specials and menu additions;
- Utilizes community involvement to build sales
- Verifies all daily administration is carried out according to policy and standards
- Holds Leadership Meetings twice a Period with an agenda and time allotted for discussion
- Ensures dress code standards are 100% for all Leaders and Team Members
- Communicates effectively with vendors, addressing concerns as needed
- Verifies the Team Member training program and its effectiveness. Conducts New Team Member Orientations
- High school diploma, or general equivalency diploma (GED) a plus, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; some college preferred
- 5+ years of General Manager or Director experience in a multi-unit fine dining restaurant group or hotel environment
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required – must be able to attract, train and retain the very best leaders and team members in the industry.
- Exceptionally strong guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience and hospitality for each guest.
- Exercise integrity in all areas of the restaurant operation.
- Ability to define, measure and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurants – with a focus on building year over year sales while balancing cost of sales, inventory and labor.
- Leadership experience in the skiing and outdoor industry a plus
What to Expect from Your Work Experience
- Be part of a cohesive team with a singular focus on creating the best possible employee
- Join an exciting team that has a passion for hospitality
- Have the ability to demonstrate your unique personality and service style while achieving our brand standards
- Be encouraged to demonstrate your professional passion
- Paid time off
- Dining and Retail Discounts
- Have career growth opportunities within the Boyne Family of Resorts
- Continually being challenged with projects and opportunities
- Live and work in a truly amazing place that is Montana
- Seasons Pass for Skiing, Mt Biking and Golfing at the Resort
Director of Hospitality - F&B - Big Sky, MT