Restaurant Manager – Bar Manager
We are seeking a passionate food & beverage professional to join our team in Gloucester, MA. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with guests in our restaurant & bar area. The Restaurant/Bar Manager should possess a strong passion for elevating the guest’s experience, while acting as the liaison between the Bar and the Dining Room.
Must have at least two (2) or more years of strong Restaurant & Bar Management experience in a full-service restaurant.
TIPS Certification required.
· Lead the daily operation of the Bar & Restaurant team in leading the daily operation of the restaurant & bar, while directing day-to-day activities and assignments of the front of the house team.
· Evaluate and schedule staff in accordance with the standards of the company and guidelines.
· Organize and assist with conducting pre-shift and departmental meetings, communicating information to the team members, such as menu & cocktail changes.
· Assist with scheduling team members, to ensure proper coverage is maintained to uphold service standards.
· Ensure the staff is trained in accordance with the State of MA requirements for serving alcohol effectively.
· Engage in ongoing development of the bar and front of the house team, while holding the team accountable for maintaining standards.
· Must be present on the floor during peak business periods, to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Practice and ensure cleanliness and safety in all dining areas and beverage areas, to include the bar, liquor and wine storage areas.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with maximum efficiency, accuracy and full attention to detail
· Requires a working knowledge of Full-Service restaurant operations.
· Requires knowledge of all Beverage selections, with ability to train team members.
· Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
· Ability to exercise sound logic and judgement in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs.
For an immediate interview, email your resume to Brian Blum at Gecko Hospitality