Payroll and Benefits Manager
Local and rapidly growing Hospitality company is looking for a Payroll and Benefits Manager based at the home office in downtown Portland, Oregon.
REPORTS TO: VP of Human Resources
JOB PURPOSE: The Payroll & Benefits Manager administers payroll and benefits for the employees and manager. These responsibilities include executing and validating bi-weekly gross to net pay calculations, ensuring the timely and accurate distribution of pay and deductions, in addition to administering the benefit programs to include enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, and approving invoices for payment. This position will also assist with the recruitment efforts: post job openings, process applicants, and coordinate schedules for Interviews.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Process, review and balance bi-weekly payroll. Ensure payroll transactions are processed correctly for time, earnings, benefits, deductions, taxes, garnishments, and other items that affect pay &/or company liability.
• Responsible for compensation/payroll administration, reconciliations to General Ledger and other accounts.
• Respond to payroll inquiries from employees.
• Administer benefit programs, consult with and advise employees on eligibility for all insurance and 401(k).
• Develop census data and provide census to broker. Develop company cost information for new plans and makes recommendations to CEO, VP of Human Resources, and CFO.
• Work with CEO, VP of Human Resources, CFO and benefits broker to secure benefits and maintain cost effective use of the benefits.
• Coordinate yearly Open Enrollment Meetings with employees & broker. Arrange for distribution of materials from carriers and process changes with deadlines.
• Conduct new employee orientation.
• Ensure that employees understand benefit programs and counsel employees as situations arise. Work as liaison with insurance carriers/broker and employees to resolve issues.
• Calculate employee payroll insurance deductions based on enrollment paperwork & notify the payroll company of those changes.
• Review payroll for accuracy.
• Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and reports necessary or suggested changes to VP of Human Resources.
• Completes salary, benefits, and other HR related surveys.
• Contributes to and helps maintain the HR SharePoint site.
• Assist with recruitment efforts, job descriptions, placement advertisement for internal and external use, background and reference checks and investigations, social media recruiting, and interview scheduling and follow-up process.
• Administer employment paperwork, I-9, W-2, and logs pertaining to applicant flow procedures.
• Updates employee change request, assist and prepares correspondence to outside request: employment verifications, child support, unemployment, workers compensation, etc.
• Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion
• Performs all other duties as required and assigned.
• Ability to maintain 100% CONFIDENTIALITY and professionalism with payroll and personnel information – zero tolerance on divulging confidential information
• Bachelor’s degree in business or human resources preferred.
• 2 + years of experience in HR or benefits environment. HR experience preferred.
• 5 years of experience processing payroll &/or benefits administration
• Thorough knowledge of Gross to Net Payroll and General Accounting Principles
• Working knowledge of Wage and Hour requirements and Taxation requirements
• Extremely organized and detailed oriented
• Able to work in a fast paced environment and manage deadlines
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required.
• Highly proficient with computers and technology
• Technological skill sets to include use of Paycom, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web-X, Outlook and other software as required
• Internet savvy with the ability to navigate and manage employee benefits changes on multiple carrier websites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to fingers, reach, climb stairs, walk, sit for long periods of time, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Payroll and Benefits Manager - Portland, Oregon - Send your resume today!
Gecko Hospitality was named to Forbes ® 2018 and 2019 list of America’s Best Recruiting Firms.
Gecko Hospitality | Connecting people and changing lives, one career at a time. ®