Hotel Leader of Housekeeping and Maintenance
Our property in Portland, OR has an exciting opening for you! We want you to be our Housekeeping & Maintenance Leader for our location in Portland, OR.
Serves as a supporting role to the Engineering and Housekeeping team. Will partner with department and/or site leadership in the leadership, planning, organization and direction of the Engineering and Housekeeping department to ensure the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the Company’s expected high quality standards. Will oversee daily operations of the Engineering and Housekeeping departments; provide supervision and direction of Maintenance Technicians, Inventory Clerks, Houseman and Housekeepers; perform safety inspections; maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards and regulations; promote highest level of guest and owner satisfaction through housekeeping excellence, and oversight of special projects.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Housekeeping/Laundry and Maintenance Departments: Assist site and department leadership in overall unit and common area cleanliness, as well as ensuring resort units are maintained in working order, and are within standard as outlined in our Internal, Quality Assurance and Loss Prevention Audit Program. Effectively supervises the housekeeping and maintenance process, reporting issues where found, to ensure guest and owner satisfaction. (40% time)
- Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Foster a positive and engaging work environment. Service. Demonstrate an ability to motivate and communicate expectations with humility and respect. Support leadership in an effort to ensure proper staffing and scheduling for maximum productivity. (30% time)
- Collaborate with department leadership and provide financial administrative support to the department: Provide input with department and site leadership regarding financial and operational aspects. Assist with management of monthly budgets, P&L reports, purchasing and inventory control. Assist in controlling costs to achieve maximum profitability. (15% time)
- Maintain Vendor/Contractor Relationships: Manages 3rd party contractors such as: Landscaping, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Mechanical Contractors. Develop professional relationships with vendors and contractors for resort and capital projects (10% time)
- Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
· Working knowledge of various computer software programs
· PC skills
· Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
· Key Systems – Saflock
· Power/hand tool operation
· Pump and mechanical motor operation
· Competent skills in basic electrical, carpentry, painting and small machinery repair
· One or more years hospitality customer service experience preferred
· One or more years in mechanical fields, such as HVAC, electrical or plumbing
· One or more years related housekeeping experience preferred
· Supervisory experience preferred
Housekeeping & Maintenance Leader - Portland, OR - Send your resume today to Michael Chamberlain Torres.
Gecko Hospitality was named to Forbes ® 2018 and 2019 list of America’s Best Recruiting Firms.
Gecko Hospitality | Connecting people and changing lives, one career at a time. ®