Sales Director opportunity in Boston
Company: This is going to be a unique, one of a kind dining and entertainment venue geared towards corporate and social events.
Position: Director of Sales
Compensation: Solid base salary plus 2% of sales, Paid time off, Health and Dental Insurance, 401K and more.
Total of Base + Commission = $120,000 to $150,000 a year.
Summary: The Director of Sales (DOS) will mentor and drive a team of Group Event sellers, Event Sales Managers & Event Sales Coordinators to achieve outbound and inbound sales. As the DOS, you’ll be expected to inspire your team by achieving aggressive personal sales goals that will then motivate the team to positively contribute to the overall sales goal for the venue location(s).
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for meeting and exceeding an established team sale benchmark.
• Responsible for knowing the market—spotting opportunities with uncanny accuracy and striking the right balance between inbound and outbound sales.
• Responsible for growing relationships on all levels—whether they’re within the community or within a company—you will work to develop and enhance your network.
• Responsible for setting the standard for sales best practice—and you model it to all those around you.
• Responsible for leading sales efforts and more importantly, being able translate that leadership into overall revenue from your market segments, because words without results are just words.
• You’re visible—you’re a senior-level sales leader and everybody knows it.
• Maintain communication and collaboration with the General Manager with a dotted line to the Global Sales Director where you will assist on a host of projects (sales missions, trade shows, and business development duties, just to name a few).
• Serious Sales Experience—at least 8–10 years’ worth (with a minimum of 2–5 years of sales leadership, preferably in the hospitality industry and experience in related vertical market segments).
• A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience).
• Proven leadership with a verifiable track record for exceeding revenue goals.
• Experience in the Hospitality Industry and Event Sales preferred.
• A record of sales success and team development.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and work processing applications.
• Experience in working with booking software platforms such as Seven Rooms & Triple Seat - a BONUS but not required
INTERVIEW PROCESS IS 4 STEPS...
2-AREA DIRECTOR OF SALES
3-VP OF SALES
4-CE0/PRESIDENT OF COMPANY
All interested candidates must email a full resume to Brian@geckohospitality.com